Photo

How do you fight a craving?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

Ok, i started my "wedding diet" and all i think about is all the yummy food i cant eat. I try munchin on healthy snacks buti t doesnt help my cravings. Any suggestion?
    Live every day like the next will never come.

#2 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
    • 294 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

I read online before that when you get a snack craving you can chew gum or brush your teeth to control cravings, both are supposed to distract you from eating.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:07 PM

Those are good tips.

You can also eat a dill pickle. They have lots of sodium, but you burn more calories chewing and digesting than are actually in the pickle.

I've heard it is because the sweet and sour taste centers on your tongue are right next to each other. My grandma's doctor told her that when she was diagnosed with diabetes.

#4 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

i am bad and give in to my cravings but on sort of a budget. Say I'm craving a bag of chips, i'll get rice chips with flavoring and eat only 1/2 a bag. lol sounds dumb i think, but that way i get to eat the flavoring (usually its what i crave anyways) and its 1/4 the cals

#5 michellepicksbrent

michellepicksbrent
        • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Good for you for starting your 'wedding diet' already! I'm getting married 11 days after you and I don't plan on starting my 'diet' until January....or February....or March :P

What are you craving? A pickle or 10 almonds is a good idea if you want something crunchy and salty, a square of dark chocolate is good if you want something sweet. I'm trying to cut back on the junk I eat, so I don't keep it in my house and I don't bring any to work with me. I treat myself to a yummy Starbucks treat on Fridays - a tall sugar free vanilla, non fat caramel macchiato - lower in calories, has protein and coffee is an appetite suppressant so I don't feel like eating after I've had one!

#6 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
          • 451 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

It takes 21 days to break a habit...so the first 21 days are the hardest! My cravings really did subside after a few weeks. I still do the small square of dark chocolate and such, I just watch the number of calories.

Good luck! You can do it! And remember...nothing tastes as good as being thin feels :)

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

I agree with brushing teeth. something stong like mentos can help or mouthwash if you don't have time to brush.

also finding a substitute. Like to break my chocolate bar addiction i started eating a bannana with sugar free hersheys squirted on it. so i get my chocolate fix, but I'm not so hooked on that now.

also, don't have the bad stuff in the house. have plenty of healthy options around too so you don't feel deprived.

#8 Shannond4156

Shannond4156
              • 169 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

I have a cheat day built into my diet. It helps me fight off the cravings during the week knowing I can get my sweet fix on Saturday. It makes my Sundays really hard though! The other thing I have found that works is make sure to eat lots of protien. It helps keep me from being so hungry and getting as many cravings. I find that when I get really hungry is when the cravings hit hard!

#9 Inked1

Inked1
                • 161 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

I tend to get a craving for something sweet and find that yogurt works pretty well for me.

#10 KLC77

KLC77
                  • 2,207 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

I drink a GIANT glass of water when I'm craving something. If I'm still craving something I'll go for a walk if possible or do some sit-ups/ push-ups. If I'm still craving it, I'll eat what I've been wanting. But only a small portion and I'll make sure the calories add into my day so I haven't over eaten at all.
                    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users