Dress advice for girl with hips???

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

I am going to post the A-line dress for sale... If someone buys it, I'll get the fitted one-- they're about the same price so it'd work out perfectly!

(Let me know if you or someone you know is looking for a Michelangelo David's Bridal CT2406 strapless A-line gown with allover beaded corded lace. Size 8 in ivory & without the chapel train! $599)

#22 nicmicj

nicmicj
    • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:09 PM

I really like dress #2 and can tell you do too! I'm sure your future hubby will love to see your curves in that dress. I have curves too and my boo loves my curves and likes to see my figure. I do also like dress #1 as well. You should pick whichever makes you feel great - or even go for a 2 dress wedding!

#23 cdc0427

cdc0427
      • 330 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:26 PM

I'm so glad you chose dress#2. It is really pretty on you!!

#24 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

I think the dress you bought looks great on you, so I voted you keep it. We were all hot in our dresses on our wedding day, but we got the dress we love and it didn't matter that we were sweating. In fact I didn't even notice it after a little while, I was too excited and happy. I wore it all night like, from 4 PM to about 4 AM :)

#25 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

congrats on choosing the dress YOU love! you'll look and feel SEXY on your wedding day, and your man will LOVE it!

#26 Myda77

Myda77
            • 821 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

I picked dress #2. It looks great on you. I also have the curvy issue going on and found that mermaid styles look the best.
              Don't even talk about the heat. I am dreading it! I tried to stay light with the fabric choices, but it's Jamaica, it's going to be hot like a heck.
              Maida & Tomas
              Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#27 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
              • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Congrats on choosing dress #2!!! Can't wait to see pics of you in in on your wedding day.

#28 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

Thanks! I've posted the first dress for sale & if it goes, I'm getting the other one!

If not, I'm going to see about getting the first one taken in so it fits a little tighter through the hips

( I was thinking kind of like this Click the image to open in full size.)

I'll still be super-hot in the sun, but at least I'll get my curvy dress without becoming a 2-dress bride!

Has anybody had that type of alteration done? Advice?

#29 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:55 PM

I picked #2, cuz who cares what your body is shaped like, if you like the dress and it looks good? #1 is very flattering as well, but I am more a fitted type of girl, so I went with #2.

#30 KEE LAC

KEE LAC
                    • 251 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hello my fellow chicagoan, I too am curvy! I say go with the showing of it all! You got it so show it off! Do you really want to look like you have nothing all over?
                      Soon TO be MRS. Clark:[SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users