Sign in to follow this  
Becksy

Problem with my dress!!!

My dress came in and I went to try it on on Saturday. My Mom and MOH came with me. As we were looking at it my MOH noticed that there was what looked like a coffee stain on the train. When I looked closer it looks like one of the lace appliqués were sewn with the wrong colour of thread. This isn't something that can be fixed and it took my dress over three months to come in so I don't think they have time to order a new dress. The store is calling the manufacturers today to find out if they can do anything about it. What if they can't do anything about it? It is "the dress" so I still want it, but I don't think I should pay full price. Do you think $200 off an $800 dress is appropriate?

On a side note, I was remarkably calm about the whole thing. I think my Mom and MOH where more upset that I was.

would bleach on a qtip work? if its cotton thread it might.... ? just an idea sad.gif sorry about this, that has to suck!

Oh MY sorry this has happened... Lets hope you get some word back ASAP on what can be done. My question is how in the world did the companies QC dept not see it before they sent it outhuh.gif

Oh no! I am so sorry for you...

I think asking for a price break is more than reasonable on your part if that is the only alternative. However, I am thinking it is the company's responsibility to fix it for you... obviously it is the company's fault.

The bleach on a Q-tip idea just might work though. If you have to fix it yourself.

Let us know what happens. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

I agree with asking for a price break especially as it should have checked before sending out. If they dress shop can't help I would be calling the manufacturer myself.

Laura

I am so sorry to hear that. I think that $200 is appropriate and maybe you can take it to a cleaners and see if they can clean it.

If they can't fix it I would say two hundred dollars is appropriate! This is your wedding dress after all! I bet the bleach would work though!! Good luck!

That's no fun! Sorry this happened to you. My sister bought her dress at the same place where she was getting it altered. I went to go pick it up for her and there was a huge black grease stain on the bottom of it. She was outraged and the bridal boutique ended up giving her the alterations for free and they fixed the dress. There is a way to fix it and i think that the alterations place should be help responsible. I would raise hell and see what happens... Good luck!

I'd say $200 would be better than nothing. I'm with the other girls, if it's a white dress try bleaching it. Or use the direct sunlight to bleach it. It that doesn't work maybe you could see if there's a specialty fabric store near you - they might have something that you could replace it with.