Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

Cant wait for December! :) so soon.

#282 bholthof

bholthof
    • Banned
    • 323 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

To anyone who has been here before:

Did the resort feel small and intimate, and was it easy to negotiate? I really want my wedding next door, but they are not offering me what I want for my wedding package, so I'm considering PP instead... but I hate that its so huge!! My family really prefers small, more intimate places - I don't want any of them to feel lost at such a large place!!

Or crammed into a small space with tons of people...

Thoughts?? Thanks.
      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#283 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
      • 199 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

I ordered custom towels today for oot bags!! I really hope that they turn out good. I tried to attach the proof but was unsuccessful oh well. I will keep you posted.
        http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png

Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

#284 teacherbride

teacherbride
        • 354 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

We absolutely loved PP but it did not feel small and intimate at all. It really is enormous! The good thing was that the lobby bar is pretty much the only place to go at night so it became a great gathering place at night. During the day you could wander around all day and not bump into anyone from your group. We kinda liked that about it. Unless you made plans to meet with people you really were able to have your own holiday.
          We really loved PP, the food was good, wedding was beautiful, and rooms were quite nice.

Good luck with finding your perfect destination!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bholthof
          To anyone who has been here before:

Did the resort feel small and intimate, and was it easy to negotiate? I really want my wedding next door, but they are not offering me what I want for my wedding package, so I'm considering PP instead... but I hate that its so huge!! My family really prefers small, more intimate places - I don't want any of them to feel lost at such a large place!!

Or crammed into a small space with tons of people...

Thoughts?? Thanks.

#285 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
          • 199 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

our custom towels arrived today and they are perfect - I can'y stop looking at them!! yay!

#286 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
            • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:25 PM

For brides that have done the BBQ - did you have a choice on how the tables were set up? We are hoping to have about 4 smaller tables that hold about 6 people each...... just wondering if we have the option? I am also wondering if they enclose the area so it is somewhat private? Thanks ladies :)

#287 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:09 PM

We did decide on how we wanted the tables, I brought her a seating chart and they did exactly what I asked.

There is not way to close off the beach, but there was another wedding at the same time as ours and they were far away, we could not hear them at all and was as private as it can be on a huge open beach. We loved it.

#288 krayzeekitty

krayzeekitty
                • 199 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Great thanks Julie :)

#289 MeganMarie

MeganMarie
                  • 23 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone got there dress steamed once they got to the resort.. or how they managed to keep if from getting wrinkled.. I got my dress long before we decided on a Cuba destination wedding, so its no designed to travel well...

#290 sarafish81

sarafish81
                    • 353 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

I didn't get mine steamed, so I'm not sure if the resort offers that type of service. As you need to be in Cuba for a few days prior to your wedding, I would recommend hanging your dress in the bathroom as the steam from the shower should get rid of any wrinkles... I believe you can also purchase a portable steamer to bring with you from home. The flight attendants put my dress in an overhead bin on top of some luggage and simply folded it in half once, and it was fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users