Photo

What is the sand ceremony

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 mrsbancroft2be

mrsbancroft2be
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:12 AM

I never had heard of the sand ceremony but I am also going to be using it. Thanks for your help!

#12 amberagd

amberagd
    • 59 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:53 AM

Love the idea of using sand from the beach! BDW forum comes to the rescue again!

Thanks!
      Amber
      Eugene, OR

#13 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
      • 167 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:09 AM

I never thought about using sand from the wedding location. That's such a good idea! I was just going to buy some from Michael's.

#14 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
        • 118 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 01:55 AM

Has anyone ever done the sand ceremony with a child? My guy has an 11 yr old son from a previous relationship - he lives with us and this would be the perfect way to involve him in the ceremony! I am looking for the actual wording of involving a child rather than writing it myself... I have found tons of wordings for couples but not many for when a child is involved... especially with a non-bio parent...

Thanks!
          Jenn

#15 tina82

tina82
          • 184 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

I saw some where that each color has a meaning (yellow=happy or somehting like that), but I cant seem to find it now.

So I was wondering if anyone knows what each color of sand means?
            Christina

#16 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
            • 167 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn6603
              Has anyone ever done the sand ceremony with a child? My guy has an 11 yr old son from a previous relationship - he lives with us and this would be the perfect way to involve him in the ceremony! I am looking for the actual wording of involving a child rather than writing it myself... I have found tons of wordings for couples but not many for when a child is involved... especially with a non-bio parent...

Thanks!
              Jenn

I am thinking of using something like this as part of my ceremony. You could probably tweak it to make it work for a sand ceremony.
              Children’s Vows:
              Do you (Groom/Bride) take (Child) as your own, promising to love him and care for him, providing for his needs, both physical & spiritual.
              Groom/Bride replies: We will.
              Do you (Child) accept (Groom/Bride) into your family? Do you promise to love and respect him/her as your step father/step mother?
              Child replies: I do.

#17 DeBooCL

DeBooCL
              • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

My Fiance and I are planning to do a Unity Sand Ceremony as well. Here is a helpful website I found with different versions.
                Jenn6603, I believe they even have one to incorporate children.
                Calgary Wedding Source | Unity Sand Ceremony Wording

Hope this helps.

#18 Love3

Love3
                • 785 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

once the sand is poured into the vase I wouldn't want to pur it out just to get it home! How do you ladies get the sand home without disrupting it??
                  ~Heather~

#19 kun09

kun09
                  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I was just about to buy the vases for the ceremony but then I thought how am I going to bring these back with the sand still entacted. I know you could buy boxes/like wine and bring it back How did past brides bring it home?

#20 MrsSparrow2B

MrsSparrow2B
                    • 152 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

I was thinking of doing a sand ceremony at my reception when we get back home - that way we don't have to worry about transporting the sand back home!
                      ~~~~~
                      Lyndsey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users