Photo

What is the sand ceremony

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 blurt

blurt
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:48 AM

Hi, I had never heard of the sand ceremony before going on this site. I have read alot of brides are having it but i'm not sure what it is. Could some one let me know what it and what's involved.

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

the sand ceremony is like a newer version of the unity candle idea.

if you use the search function in the top right corner you will come up with a ton of information.

#3 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

It represents your lives coming together and in the end you have a vase/holder with the different colored layers of sand that the two of you take turns pouring in.

#4 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:50 PM

I was wondering if the judge has to read the sand ceremony or could you have your father in law to read it? does anyone know if this can be done

Chris
        July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#5 montegobay09

montegobay09
        • 832 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hmmm, can't see why not!

#6 cecebecka

cecebecka
          • 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

Does the sand ceremony cost extra $$ ?

#7 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon
              I was wondering if the judge has to read the sand ceremony or could you have your father in law to read it? does anyone know if this can be done

Chris
              Anyone can read it. The only part a judge/minister has to read it the vows portion and pronouncing you man and wife. Carla

#8 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

we did a sand ceremony. this is what our said

Unity Sand

Tara and Joe today you join your separate lives together.

The two separate cups of sand in front of us symbolize your separate lives, separate families and separate sets of friends. They represent all that you are and all that you’ll ever be as an individual. They also represent your lives before today. As these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be.

then he asked us to pour our sand together. we used sand from our ceremony location becuase we wanted to have sand from where we got married

#9 Martee

Martee
                • 74 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

I absolutely love that...definately want to incorporate that into our wedding. I like the fact of using sand from your resort location - great idea. My only concern is how do you transport glass containers
                  Cheers,
                  Future Mrs. Storms

http://www.weddingco...r/angqse55l.png

30 BOOKED!!

#10 tvt

tvt
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Martee
                    I absolutely love that...definately want to incorporate that into our wedding. I like the fact of using sand from your resort location - great idea. My only concern is how do you transport glass containers
                    Cheers,
                    We carried on our sand ceremony vases, wrapped them in bubble wrap once and didn't have a problem with them. We left the vases at Las Caletas as they weren't worth bringing back - we didn't get expensive ones, just from Michaels.

As for the sand, our wedding coordinator tranfered it into an empty water bottle for us to take back with us. Now we're trying to find something nice to put the sand in. We do have the sand water bottle displayed though! Every time I look at it I think of our wedding. I think it's pretty cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users