Photo

Manicures and Pedicures

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Anna83

Anna83
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

I have never had a manicure or a pedicure, but I'm am planning on buying the wedding package for the spa at our resort. My question is, do you get them on your wedding day or a couple days before? How long does it take to get done?

#2 Cattie

Cattie
    • 594 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

I would get them the day of or day before. Depending on who does them, they could take atleast 2ish hours for both. It's something you don't want rushed, they're so relaxing! Especially if you're going with your girls.

Pedicures are my favorite! If someone could just rub my feet all day I'd love it!

#3 neen

neen
      • 633 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

if you've never had them before, i'd go the day before (just in case you don't actually like what it looks like)...but they are heavenly so i'm sure you'll have a great experience and get addicted :)

#4 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
        • 451 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

I know too many brides who have tried to do them the day of and the spa appointments "ran long" and they had to rush to get ready....so I would say the day before just to be safe. Or if you are a morning person, early in the morning rather than a 1pm appointment when the wedding starts at 5pm. You also have to leave time for hair and makeup.

On the flip side, like Cattie said, they can be very relaxing. So if you are an anxious bride, it might be nice to be forced to sit down and let someone pamper you.

I agree - "2ish" hours is a good estimate - but remember that is for the actual service and not any "waiting" time.

You just have to be careful in the water - chlorine and salt water aren't the best for painted fingers and toes :)

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:33 PM

I would advise you to get your mani and pedi the day before - allocate about 2.5 hours for both and make sure that you dry your nails properly before leaving the spa (especially if it really hot and humid)

#6 jmiranda

jmiranda
            • 697 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

No manicure or pedicure ever What have you been waiting for...j/k You will absolutely love it. I would say for you to do it the day before because it is so relaxing and you do not want to be rushed. Just enjoy it. I hope you have a great experience.

And you would need about 2 hours.

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:21 PM

you are in for a treat!! :)

#8 cdc0427

cdc0427
                • 330 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:58 PM

I would go the day before. Are you getting something on your nails like gel, a wrap or acrylic? I think you'll be fine the day before but don't go any earlier if your getting it on your natural nail because I find polish doesn't last very long.

#9 Anna83

Anna83
                  • 288 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cdc0427
                    I would go the day before. Are you getting something on your nails like gel, a wrap or acrylic? I think you'll be fine the day before but don't go any earlier if your getting it on your natural nail because I find polish doesn't last very long.
                    To be honest, I really don't know what my options are. I don't ever wear polish on my hands, and I don't think I want fake nails, so I'm not sure what to do. I think I just want a polish that does not stand out too much.

Thanks everyone for your help. I have decided to make my appointment for the day before.

#10 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Anna83
                      I have never had a manicure or a pedicure, but I'm am planning on buying the wedding package for the spa at our resort. My question is, do you get them on your wedding day or a couple days before? How long does it take to get done?
                      You poor thing! I didn't have my first mani/pedi until I was in college and now I'm addicted. My manicures usually only last a couple days before my polish starts to chip (I don't get fake nails). I am getting my nails done the day before we leave, but I made an appointment at the spa for the day of just in case I need to get them redone since I want them to look fresh for pictures. I probably won't need my toes done since I can go a couple weeks without anything happening to my toes, but my fingers will definitely have to be redone. Like Alyssa said definitely make sure they dry all the way and I don't recommend putting them in front of the fan as it seems to make polish get bubbles.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users