Photo

Earning Free stuff for your Wedding

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 saraece

saraece
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

I thought I would pass on a trick I am doing to earn free stuff for my wedding. I realized one day that I have too many point earning cards in my wallet. Hardly using most of them. So I realized that if I stick to one or two cards and do most of my shopping at those places (watching for 20x events etc..) then I could make wedding purchases with the points earned. In my area we have a supperstore grocery store (groceries, pharmacy, photo studio, general household merchandises...) There prices are competative so I try my best to do most of my shopping there. Before I was working on getting points I probably cashed in $200 a year in free stuff. I am hoping to get flowers, picutres developed there, food trays and other food for the AHR (which is a back yard BBQ). I am also collecting points like crazy at the Shoppers Drug Mart. I hit it everytime they have a 20X the points sale and in a matter of months I have collected $75. I am going to use these points to fill my OOT bags with lotions and magazines and other items. I am not getting married until Jan 2009 so I think by then I will have a good amount of stuff earned!
    Like our first kiss all over again

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

i think it is not a bad idea to open a cc form wedding expenses with either miles or rewards to make your big purchases (room block deposit, etc.)

mbna.com
    chase.com

both have a really great card out right now...no interest for 6 months -1 year then low interest and points.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Fotini

Fotini
    • 131 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:36 PM

Amex has a cash back card, that once you have charged $6000 you get 5% back and 1.5% below that.... going to greece we will easily hit that mark!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

i am a point junkie - for sure. i have to CCs - both earn point. one is a diners club (now mastercard) and the other i earn miles on Northwest airlines. we hope to furnish our new house with points! you're spending the $$ anyway - why not earn something in return. great tip!

#5 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
        • 554 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

FI and I have a joint credit card with Visa. We gain Air Mile points every time we use it, but if we buy fuel or gas - we get double the points.
          We just booked airplane ticket to Glasgow, hotels in Glasgow, Edinbourgh and London, and a car to travel in - all with the Air Mile points
          That's my kind of trip!

#6 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

That is a great tip!
            I have a cc that earns airline milage. I charge everything and pay it off every month. Since I have had it, I have taken 3 trips to Mexico and now have enough for 4 more trips. We plan to use them for our wedding trip!
            Click the image to open in full size.

#7 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
            • 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

I use chase and citicard. With citicard I get a 50 check about every 2 months, and with Chase you earn points so easily!
              http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:07 PM

I'm actually using my points to pay for my photographer, Jonathan Thrasher's plane ticket. Yay! Saves some $$$.
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:30 AM

FI also has the chase card.. we get miles for continental and we're trying to pay everything with it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users