• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mishi

• 224 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic
  • LocationVolcano, HI

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:08 PM

Since there are only going to be a dozen of us at the wedding and its on the beach, and my fiance isn't crazy about traditional wedding music this is what I am thinking... I did a CD to give out as a favor with all of "our songs" on it. I am thinking of using the appropriate songs for the ceremony. So while they are waiting play Norah Jones, and then when my fiance does his walk, it will play Where Are You Going by Dave Matthews Band, and then I will come out to We Belong Together (my fiance starting boo hooing when he suggested I come out to this and we listened to the lyrics to see if it was appropriate) Then as an inside joke, for the processional we want a Techno/House Dance song that is one of our songs to play, because we are really into that kind of music and everyone picks on us about it.
I think this is so much more us, but I don't want to take away from the event either. What do you guys think?

#2 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:16 PM

I think that this is your wedding and your should do what you please! i think it sounds like a great idea!

#3 PaulaV

• VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:17 PM

Well that made me tear up! I say do it! It is a great idea.
      Click the image to open in full size.

#4 Jessica

• VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:24 PM

I thikn your wedding should really reflect who you are. My FI and I are into punk, rock and metal type music ,and although our ceremony will have a steel drum and (and our reception as well), our wedding picture slide show is gonna be a cool punk rock style love song!

I think, your song selection sounds cute!

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:40 PM

I say do it - go for it, all teh way!

#6 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:42 PM

I think it sounds fun! Honestly nothing you mentioned sounded super crazy to me...they all sound like good songs. And isn't the point of the recessional to have fun and celebrate being married? I say go for it!!

#7 SusanK

• VIP Member
            • 2,685 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 03:09 PM

Personal touches are what make a wedding memorable... go for it!
              Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#8 -Kate-

• VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

Do it. I am walking down the aisle to "unsingable name" by Mike Doughty and we are walking back together to Signed, sealed, delivered. I love when the music really reflects the couple.

#9 SASSYGIRL

• 1,188 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

I agree 100% - this is going to make your wedding stick out from all the others your guests have attended! Sounds like fun!
                  Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08

#10 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

I am a big fan of weddings reflecting the couple so I say you should 100% do it. Remember people are coming to your wedding to celebrate you as a couple and they wouldn't want you to do it any other way. It sounds like so much fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users