Sign in to follow this  
Mishi

Non-traditional... yay or nay?

Since there are only going to be a dozen of us at the wedding and its on the beach, and my fiance isn't crazy about traditional wedding music this is what I am thinking... I did a CD to give out as a favor with all of "our songs" on it. I am thinking of using the appropriate songs for the ceremony. So while they are waiting play Norah Jones, and then when my fiance does his walk, it will play Where Are You Going by Dave Matthews Band, and then I will come out to We Belong Together (my fiance starting boo hooing when he suggested I come out to this and we listened to the lyrics to see if it was appropriate) Then as an inside joke, for the processional we want a Techno/House Dance song that is one of our songs to play, because we are really into that kind of music and everyone picks on us about it.

I think this is so much more us, but I don't want to take away from the event either. What do you guys think?

I think that this is your wedding and your should do what you please! i think it sounds like a great idea!

I thikn your wedding should really reflect who you are. My FI and I are into punk, rock and metal type music ,and although our ceremony will have a steel drum and (and our reception as well), our wedding picture slide show is gonna be a cool punk rock style love song!

I think, your song selection sounds cute!

I think it sounds fun! Honestly nothing you mentioned sounded super crazy to me...they all sound like good songs. And isn't the point of the recessional to have fun and celebrate being married? I say go for it!!

Do it. I am walking down the aisle to "unsingable name" by Mike Doughty and we are walking back together to Signed, sealed, delivered. I love when the music really reflects the couple.

I am a big fan of weddings reflecting the couple so I say you should 100% do it. Remember people are coming to your wedding to celebrate you as a couple and they wouldn't want you to do it any other way. It sounds like so much fun!

-Glenda