At home reception (4 hrs.) $500 *Pictures included

Flowers    
Bloom Bridal $574.50 *Attached price list and details

Bought used from Laurelyn $250 *1 bridal bouquet & 4 bridesmaid bouquets

At Home Reception    
Hall (Gellert Community Centre-Kinsmen Hall) $97.38 *Per hour + HST
Liability Insurance $207.90 *Up to 150 people
SOCAN Fee for music & dancing $59.17 *Plus HST

Scooter's Rentals (Linens, Dishes & Glassware) $600 *Approx.
    *Attached price list and details

Open Bar $1,000 *Approx.
Liquor Lisence $25  
Favors $100  

Stag & Doe    
Milton Sports Centre-Banquet Room $54.90 *Per hour
Liquor for sale $1,000  
Liquor Lisence $75  
Food $100  
Decorations & games $100  
Prizes $400  

Misc.    
Wedding bands $1,500 Approx.
Invitaions $100  
Wedding Party Gifts $500  
Welcome Bags $300  
Favors $40  
Groom Atire $200  

TOTAL $12,044  

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

You click on the picture of a house/sun, above the reply message...on my iPad its the second rom, farthest icon to the right

Thank you! Wouldnt let me update the word doc. as a picture and I didnt want any non-junior members not be able to see it 

My FI and I always loved the idea of a DW, but the lower cost was certainly a factor as well. With splurging a little bit to get a nicer room for the honeymoon, we are looking around $15,000. That includes travel, wedding package, AHR, attire, favors, etc. The wedding is still a little under a year away, but we have a pretty strict budget to stick to. I am hoping to find a lot of good deals over the holidays.

• 1 month later...

The actual cost of my wedding... 

Legal and Beach ceremony with Celebrations and Ceremonies (Lissy Lampe) on Eagle Beach $3314

Reception at Passions on the beach (20 people) $2207

Photographer (8 hrs including TTD + all images on a DVD) $2850

Printing photo books (Mypublisher.com) $500

Wedding favors (Rum Palmera) $105

Wedding attire (950 my dresses + 120 alterations + 500 jewelry + 300 his attire) $1870

Rings $1500

Rehearsal dinner at Pinchos $1695

Sunset cruise with Red Sail sports (16 people) $900

Hotel (Amsterdam Manor) 1 bedroom suite for 10 nights $2346

Air (round trip first class) $2226

NO AHR due to too much stress trying to plan a second event! 

So we splurged on a few things (rings, jewelry air, photographer) and you could certainly have a very nice wedding for less than $19,533.... we were very fortunate to start out with a budget goal (not including rehearsal dinner, sunset cruise, air or hotel) of 15k, which we were under. We had a great time.

I wanted to budget for 10000 max, but then we started crunching numbers and had to factor in our guest number. We are expecting between 80-90 people (60 people have already booked, and we're still 6.5 months away). So we could even be above the anticipated 90ppl. The more the merrier :) We bumped up our budget twice, 16000 and now we're at 18000. This includes airfare for me, my FI and my FI's son, the wedding package itself, we extended our reception by one hour, so now it's a 4 hour reception with food, private service, open bar for all 90 guests.  Even though the price seems comparable to what a wedding in the city would be, I still prefer spending a whole week on vacation with my family in a warm tropical climate instead of having them be there for only the weekend in the city.