#541 flo628

flo628
  • 200 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traylynn 

Holy Batman these budgets make me not wanna have a destination wedding.  I keep saying lets go to the court house and he wants a big wedding.

I said the exact same thing, and my FI said he wants a big wedding (or party, rather) too. We compromised and are having a DW- no flowers, hardly any deco, easy and relaxing, booze from Costco that my WC is getting, good food, and just a giant party. It doesn't have to get out of hand, as long as you just do what you want to do, and not what other people want you to do. So far we are staying w/i our 10k budget for 70 ppl....It's still a while away, but I think it's a pretty good start. I'm hoping less people will come, so it won't get so high! :P

#542 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I heard that even baby breaths in Mexico were ridiculously expensive.

I've checked out a few websites for florists in Riviera Maya. As long as you don't get any flowers in they're pretty reasonable. Much more reasonable than the resorts for sure. I plan on keeping it simple on the flowers, I'm not all that picky in the type as long as it matches my color scheme.

#543 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
    • 288 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Anything not native to the area will be quite expensive. To keep the flower budget as low as possible, try to go with local flowers, keeping in mind that no one is going to be able to take the flowers home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo628 

I heard that even baby breaths in Mexico were ridiculously expensive.

#544 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
      • 167 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RachelHolmes21 

I've checked out a few websites for florists in Riviera Maya. As long as you don't get any flowers in they're pretty reasonable. Much more reasonable than the resorts for sure. I plan on keeping it simple on the flowers, I'm not all that picky in the type as long as it matches my color scheme.

oops! that was supposed to say:

"As long as you don't get any imported flowers, they're pretty reasonable."

#545 Italy2013

Italy2013
        • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

We leave this next Friday for our wedding in Montepulciano, Italy. We are having just 12 guests and we are paying for the travel, accommodations and car rentals for 8 including us (our children and their spouses). We are both 50 and our kids are 22 - 30 and we have one granddaughter. My parents and my brother and his wife are also going. The wedding and reception are really reasonable. The travel expenses are higher but we all get a vacation in Tuscany too! Our family will leave after a week and we are staying an extra week and traveling up to Portofino and Barolo for our honeymoon. Here are our costs. Efffetti Wedding planner in Italy - $1,881 Piazza Comunale Town hall - $1,300 Jay Studio Rome photography - $1,040 Jay Studio videographer - $1,235 Wedding/reception flowers - $630 Enzo Polito Musicians - $1,170 Bottegga del Nobile wine cave reception - $1,560 Wedding attire (both) - $2,375 At home reception (60 people) - $3,915 Travel for 8 - $15,600 Honeymoon - $3,000 Total $33,706 Not bad and about the cost of a wedding at home but we get to be in Italy!!!

#546 ironman

ironman
          • 320 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Italy2013 

We leave this next Friday for our wedding in Montepulciano, Italy. We are having just 12 guests and we are paying for the travel, accommodations and car rentals for 8 including us (our children and their spouses). We are both 50 and our kids are 22 - 30 and we have one granddaughter. My parents and my brother and his wife are also going. The wedding and reception are really reasonable. The travel expenses are higher but we all get a vacation in Tuscany too! Our family will leave after a week and we are staying an extra week and traveling up to Portofino and Barolo for our honeymoon.

Here are our costs.

Efffetti Wedding planner in Italy - $1,881
            Piazza Comunale Town hall - $1,300
            Jay Studio Rome photography - $1,040
            Jay Studio videographer - $1,235
            Wedding/reception flowers - $630
            Enzo Polito Musicians - $1,170
            Bottegga del Nobile wine cave reception - $1,560
            Wedding attire (both) - $2,375
            At home reception (60 people) - $3,915
            Travel for 8 - $15,600
            Honeymoon - $3,000

Total $33,706

Not bad and about the cost of a wedding at home but we get to be in Italy!!!

That sounds incredible! What a beautiful time of year to go to Italy too. I hope you have an amazing time!

#547 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
            • 599 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Quote:

We leave this next Friday for our wedding in Montepulciano, Italy. We are having just 12 guests and we are paying for the travel, accommodations and car rentals for 8 including us (our children and their spouses). We are both 50 and our kids are 22 - 30 and we have one granddaughter. My parents and my brother and his wife are also going. The wedding and reception are really reasonable. The travel expenses are higher but we all get a vacation in Tuscany too! Our family will leave after a week and we are staying an extra week and traveling up to Portofino and Barolo for our honeymoon.

Here are our costs.

Travel for 8 - $15,600
              Honeymoon - $3,000

Total $33,706

Ditto---this really does sound absolutely wonderful! If you are going to Florence, I have a great wine and bike tour that I would highly recommend---and I don't even drink!  I would love to hear your tips for an at-home reception. I am trying to cut down on costs and would really like to keep my budget fairly modest like the one you list above.

#548 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
              • 593 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Quote:

Here are our costs.

Travel for 8 - $15,600
                Honeymoon - $3,000

Total $33,706

That really is awesome! I don't see DW brides from Italy on here so its definitely unique. Nice of you to foot the travel too- we could never afford that. Congrats and good luck with everything. I can't wait to see some pics- a cave reception sounds AMAZING!!!!!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#549 Sehausle

Sehausle
                • 156 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by brownsugarbride 

Ditto---this really does sound absolutely wonderful! If you are going to Florence, I have a great wine and bike tour that I would highly recommend---and I don't even drink!  I would love to hear your tips for an at-home reception. I am trying to cut down on costs and would really like to keep my budget fairly modest like the one you list above.

What is the name of the tour? We are going to Spain, France, and Italy for our honeymoon and will be spending some time in Florence as well. Any restaurant reccomendations are appreciated too (I am a foodie). Thanks!

#550 megssweet1

megssweet1
                  • 157 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good for you!! sounds amazing!!!

Quote:

Here are our costs.

Travel for 8 - $15,600
                    Honeymoon - $3,000

Total $33,706

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users