Photo

BM/FG Dress At Good Cost

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

With the economy tight I need to find a nice but cost effective dress for my MOH and 2 FGs does anyone have any recommendations on a dress or where they got them. I am open to colors, which is why I would like to find a dress soon so I can get some of my DIY stuff done.
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
    • 258 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

Have you looked at David's Bridal?? That's where I'm getting my MOH and BM's dresses. They are only 100-150..

#3 KatyKo

KatyKo
      • 851 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

Not sure about FGs, but I got my BM's dresses at http://www.forever21.com for $16.50 a piece. They have a lot of great styles of dresses for less than $30. Maybe Welcome to Target for the FGs, they have a wedding line now that is very inexpensive. Good luck!

#4 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

mine were from White House | Black Market - Home and were on sale for $50.

#5 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

my friend just got hers (not destination wedding) at Target for $25! Try just looking for cute dresses in the usual places (dept. stores, etc.) instead of "bridesmaid" dresses and you'll find something.

#6 edssbride09

edssbride09
            • 233 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

My girls got theirs online for $68 at Donna Ricco Dresses :: Shop for Petite Dresses, Missy Dresses, and Women?s Dresses. they had some amazing sale dresses a month ago, they may still!

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

i do alot of shopping on ebay. I bought my girls diane von furstenberg dresses for $30 each

#8 akbeach

akbeach
                • 169 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

Just bought cute BM dresses at Ann Taylor on sale and the girls love them. Check it out, also look at J Crew and Target. All the summer stuff is on sale and you can get some great bargains.
                  http://cancunphotos.bigfolioblog.com/
                  Photo by Sascha Gluck from Cancun Photos

#9 sstotz

sstotz
                  • 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:10 PM

i was thinking about the VS 7in one dress..and i saw someone else on here was too..
                    ~Soon to be Shanny May
                    June 20th, 2009
                    Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#10 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                    • 672 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:19 AM

Here is another option that I never would have considered originally....I ordered 2 fg dresses only to have them both come back as discontinued, not happy....but happy I saved $300 on both trys at ordering. I was going to wait until spring to see the new lines. I went to the fabric mart (garment district in LA) and found some amazing fabrics this weekend. I was shocked that a fabric I was goign tospend $18/yd on was only 1 or $2/yd here. Casually on the way home, I asked my mom if it would be cheaper to have it made...her thinking I have no artistic taste so she was concerned, until I explained what I was thinking (I had a specific dress in my head that I had not seen anywhere in the right colors/texture). We now have $20 (this is high as I bought lime silk and extra organza) in fabric, $10 in a pattern, and a seamstress will make it for almost nothing....
                      I am getting exactly what I want for over $200 less....a great way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users