• 2,201 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Welcome to the forum!
      Fannie & Pierre

#23 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

congrats fellow Hawaii bride! You're going to love this forum! Welcome!

#24 trophywife

trophywife
        • 169 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AnnR
          Welcome to the forum!

But I have to ask (I'm a curious gal) ... why do you call yourself his "trophy" wife? I feel like there's an inside joke that I am missing! lol
          Haha there is an inside joke. It's stupid really but makes me crack up even though I am Asian and the "American Dream" usually is seen as two Caucasian people, and plus I freakin live in California and our life style is just soooo different from the this Cult of True Womanhood image my friend's were trying to imagine up for me. So that aside...

Back in high school when we started dating I was the "All American" teenage high school girl, ya know Capt. of the cheer leading squad, very active in the community, in lots of school clubs, and he although wasn't a football player was a mix martial artist and played basketball. People used to always say we were the perfect high school couple minus the fact we went to different high schools. Then people would just joke around and say how cute we were like the All American couple then their brains would start becoming so imaginative and they'd say that we'd get married and he'd work and be the bread winner while I stayed home in our white picket fence to raise our children and golden retriever. My day would consist of drinking tea while sewing out on the front wrap around porch with some neighborhood Moms, making sure the home was tidy, kids clean, and food one table all before 5, (very Stepford wife eh?) so that's how they coined that term. But come on now, here I am suffering with trying to plan a wedding all while working AND finishing up college full time. Hahahaaa!! Soooo not the Stepford wife at the moment and DF and I totally believe that a marriage is a partnership both inside the home (family) and as well as in the outer realm (work and social) of the home and as long as there is communication, understanding, trust, and love then all is well!!

(And just in case anyone was wondering if I ever plan to be a SAHM [Stay At Home Mom] we have decided I am going to be working in my career and our business until I get pregnant than we prefer me to stay home to raise our children while still managing one of the businesses we own part time from home. Then when my children are about in the 3rd grade then I'll go back to working full time with our business and my career.) But not very Stepford at all.

#25 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

aaawww Missie - thanks for sharing the story - i must admit i was wondering as well - i am glad there is an inside joke b/c where i am from "trophy wife" is not usually a nice thing so i was a bit worried lol

#26 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              aaawww Missie - thanks for sharing the story - i must admit i was wondering as well - i am glad there is an inside joke b/c where i am from "trophy wife" is not usually a nice thing so i was a bit worried lol
              Ha, I was wondering too!

#27 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

see, I am just too nosey ... i just asked! lol glad that is a story behind it though.

#28 Morton-Woods

Morton-Woods
                • 301 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

to the forum

#29 trophywife

trophywife
                  • 169 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

So here I am reading what I wrote in my original post and I realized I've been doing typos like mad because the year is 2011. Haha. Sorry gals.

And yes, everyone who doesn't know the story behind a trophy wife has the same thought as all of you did. Hehee. I remember my DF's neice ever came to me and said, "My first day of high school my teacher talked about trophy wives and said they were bad because..." And we laughed. Don't worry all, I'm a very independent young woman with a supportive fiance!!

Thanks all. I feel so welcome and can't wait to get married now!!

#30 bride2010

bride2010
                    • 424 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tvt
                      Ha, I was wondering too!
                      I feel bad admitting it, but I was too! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure the time's gonna fly and it'll be 2011 before you know it. I'll hopefully see you around the forum!
                      http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
                      26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                      "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users