New & Undecided (JA Bride)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MLK

MLK
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:50 AM

hello everyone:

i'm completely new to posting here, but as i have been reading the different threads, i have learned so much. now i'm just torn between the following jamaica resorts to have my may 09 wedding. the riu seems the most affordable and i was considering the new montego bay resort (just not sure how low the planes are in that area and if it would take away from enjoying the beach). i also like the grand palladium (another new resort), but question if the price per plate is worth it (although i love the blue lagoon to have a reception there as seen in another thread). also considering the solis. i just don't know.

i want our wedding to be of course beautiful, chic and affordable for 40-50 guests. i guess i just need to plan a trip down there.

suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks,

mlk

#2 sally

sally
    • 302 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:57 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MLK
      hello everyone:

i'm completely new to posting here, but as i have been reading the different threads, i have learned so much. now i'm just torn between the following jamaica resorts to have my may 09 wedding. the riu seems the most affordable and i was considering the new montego bay resort (just not sure how low the planes are in that area and if it would take away from enjoying the beach). i also like the grand palladium (another new resort), but question if the price per plate is worth it (although i love the blue lagoon to have a reception there as seen in another thread). also considering the solis. i just don't know.

i want our wedding to be of course beautiful, chic and affordable for 40-50 guests. i guess i just need to plan a trip down there.

suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks,

mlk
      I too am looking at the ROR and I am off there tomorrow for a week for a site visit......... i would suggest that you read the reviews in the Jamaica sub forum as there is loads of info on the ROR amd RMB.

Good luck with the planning

#3 suzieq17

suzieq17
      • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:57 AM

Welcome and Congrats! We had a hard time choosing a location too. We finally contacted our travel agent and got the rates for all of the resorts we were considering. We chose the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach because it was the most afffordable option for our guests. The IRHB has been great to work with so far. And I like the fact that they only do 1 wedding a day.

#4 ret2010

ret2010
        • 289 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:24 AM

to the forum! You're in the right place!

#5 Angel

Angel
          • 2,635 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:25 AM

Welcome to the forum!

#6 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
            • 1,206 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats from another Jamaican bride to be.

#7 Kathie

Kathie
              • 2,654 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

Welcome to the forum.

#8 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                • 1,572 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:55 AM

Welcome MLK-- once you choose your place, everything gets easier!!

#9 Sloan

Sloan
                  • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

Welcome, and yeah picking your destination/resort is the hardest part. Once that's done, the fun stuff begins. Happy planning!

*cough* go with Jamaica *cough*

#10 *Casey*

*Casey*
                    • 5,209 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hi MLK... to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users