Photo

Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#321 echo2_62

echo2_62
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Okay so yesterday was my first workout on the 30 day shred and so far the damage doesn't seem too bad. Although i can't quite tell if I'm a bit sore from the workout or from falling down my stairs yesterday LOL! I never thought I was that accident prone until FI pointed it out recently - I guess he was right!

I only started with the 3lb weights since I wasn't sure what to expect. I think I'll stick with them for a few few days, then bump up to 5lbs after that. My plan is to do my month with this workout, then switch to the 30day workout from the Making the Cut book once I'm more used to all the exercises Jillian uses. I hoping that alternating back and forth between the two workouts will help keep my body from getting adjusted too quickly.

#322 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:05 AM

Ok, I did the workout and I am feeling it. It wasn't as bad as I thought but I am burning. I actually like the burning feeling (is that bad). Maybe because I feel like I'm actually doing something. But I'm disappointed because I had my heart rate monitor on and I only burned 43 calories, but it was only 20 min too. So what I think I'm going to do is do my Tae Bo and elliptical in the mornings for an hour and do the Shred in the evenings.

#323 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
      • 329 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:16 AM

I need to get this!! I need Jillian as my personal trainer. I have the Biggest Loser Yoga and I love it! It's challenging, intense and you sweat like crazy.

I'm sad for Shay... she deserved to be there.. actually I want to be on the ranch!

#324 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
        • 762 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Angel-- it may not seem like much but I think that if you do the tae bo and elliptical that you will see the lbs start to melt off!!

Crista- the Bootcamp with Bob rocks too!!

#325 wpsmith623

wpsmith623
          • 168 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

I have this video and it is great! I just wish that I could get myself to use it everyday.......

#326 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
            • 258 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

After all the reviews posted here, I decided to order this and give it a try...I'm in crunch time now with less than 2 months to go. We'll see how this works...

#327 jamk32179

jamk32179
              • 341 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

i use the 30 day shred and love it! i also signed up for jillian michael's workouts on her website. It is $4 a week and she provides workouts you can do at home and receipes.
                September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#328 KarenM

KarenM
                • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

ooh, the recipes would be a great idea!

wpsmith, I totally hear you -- love this work-out but I need to be more consistent with it too.

#329 jamk32179

jamk32179
                  • 341 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:29 PM

Its nice because she gives you a meal plan to follow. When I don't have time to cook I eat a lean cuisine or healthy choice around 300 calories and a piece of fruit. She also has a calorie counter, but I find "my plate" on livestrong.com to be more user friendly. Plus, there is an app for the iphone that will link to your computer and phone. I have no excuse not to track my calories. :-)
                    September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#330 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

did the shred yesterday & no more trouble zones today. trying to stay on track!

hmm, the iphone app sort of scares me. i'll have no excuse either! do I really want to know? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users