DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

• Please log in to reply
2227 replies to this topic

#1681 Crystal1880

Crystal1880
  • Site Supporter
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

Has anybody recieved a 4 hour time slot for the reception? Esman e-mailed me an excel sheet of everything and it says reception with wait staff for 4 hours (6:30-10:30).. I originally thought the reception was only three hours.. Confused..:-)

#1682 SarahBen2011

SarahBen2011
    • 178 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

In replay to: Crystral1880 - Has anybody received a 4 hour time slot for the reception? Esman e-mailed me an excel sheet of everything and it says reception with wait staff for 4 hours (6:30-10:30).. I originally thought the reception was only three hours.. Confused..:-)

Louise had initially told me 4 hours (6:30 - 10:30) and when I got a contract from Esman after Louise left it said 6:30 - 9:30.  I explained what we had already discussed with Louise and Esman tried to charge extra for the 4 hours.  I forwarded the emails and he's now granting us the 4 hour reception... so maybe he's doing that for you without the back and forth hassle?  Or maybe they realized they were nickle and diming and stopped the madness?  hah

#1683 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
      • 543 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal1880 View Post

I was wondering if anybody knows how much the spa charges right now for hair and make-up.. I was going to have somebody with me to do it, but now they are not coming..
        Also I have seen pics on dreams fb page with brides toasting right after the ceremony with colorful cocktails..They look delicious..:-). Does anybody know how much extra that is instead of champagne?

We got champagne right after the ceremony, then at cocktail hour they had done up some green and blue cocktails (that matched our green and blue colours), and gave one to each guest. I didn't even request that - but was impressed!

#1684 sarahinlove

sarahinlove
        • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:11 AM

I just got an email from Esman this morning, telling me I only got 3 hours. We told me to have my event go past 9:00, I'd have to pay $15 per person plus $100 for the sound system. That is an extra $700 for me. What a ripoff. And why per person? All it means to them is to keep the bartender for another hour. I would LOVE a 4 hour reception.

Originally Posted by SarahBen2011 

In replay to: Crystral1880 - Has anybody received a 4 hour time slot for the reception? Esman e-mailed me an excel sheet of everything and it says reception with wait staff for 4 hours (6:30-10:30).. I originally thought the reception was only three hours.. Confused..:-)

Louise had initially told me 4 hours (6:30 - 10:30) and when I got a contract from Esman after Louise left it said 6:30 - 9:30.  I explained what we had already discussed with Louise and Esman tried to charge extra for the 4 hours.  I forwarded the emails and he's now granting us the 4 hour reception... so maybe he's doing that for you without the back and forth hassle?  Or maybe they realized they were nickle and diming and stopped the madness?  hah

#1685 SarahBen2011

SarahBen2011
          • 178 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Sarahinlove: Have you gotten a contract yet?  That's when all my issues came out with Esman... so I held my ground on things that Louise and I discussed in emails and got everything added to a contract via excel that he sent me.  Fingers crossed I've flushed out all the issues before we get down there!!!

I'm so excited to see how your wedding is in June - it's coming up!!!  How are the "last minute" details coming together?

#1686 vollydolly

vollydolly
            • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Sarahinlove: Have you gotten a contract yet?  That's when all my issues came out with Esman... so I held my ground on things that Louise and I discussed in emails and got everything added to a contract via excel that he sent me.  Fingers crossed I've flushed out all the issues before we get down there!!!

I'm so excited to see how your wedding is in June - it's coming up!!!  How are the "last minute" details coming together?

I have no contract except my deposit and my wedding is in 2 months.  How did you get a contract?  I have been discussing some details and I am getting the ultimate package. 

#1687 mllek1986

mllek1986
              • Site Supporter
              • 182 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Crystal1880 

I was wondering if anybody knows how much the spa charges right now for hair and make-up.. I was going to have somebody with me to do it, but now they are not coming..
                Also I have seen pics on dreams fb page with brides toasting right after the ceremony with colorful cocktails..They look delicious..:-). Does anybody know how much extra that is instead of champagne?

In regards to spa pricing, Esmeralda sent me the all the spa pricing info. Bridal hair is $59 USD, Makeup is $49 USD. Make sure to make your reservations with the spa asap as they book up fast and I heard that they wont accept walk-ins. all guests need to book any treatments before arrival.

#1688 SarahBen2011

SarahBen2011
                • 178 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

VollyDolly - When Esman took over and wasn't looped in on everything Louise and I discussed I sent him a laundry list email listing everything I wanted and the pricing I had gotten from Louise.  I told him I wanted everything in a contract so nothing else got displaced (they had double booked my original wedding date of 11/11/11 which is how we ended up with 11/18/11... so I was NOT happy at the time).

Is Esman the one you've been in contact with?  He's been great so far... but you have to do some hand holding!

Sarah

#1689 vollydolly

vollydolly
                  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hi Sarah,

Yes Esman is the one I've been in contact with.  He usually gets back to me in a few days but only answers one or two questions and I can't get a direct answer from him sometimes.  It is very frustrating. I assumed that the prices that were in the packages at the time I booked were the prices that they would honor.  I told him that and he said he would honor those prices but I don't have any email from Rebecca stating that.  Did he ask for proof in email form?

Quote:

VollyDolly - When Esman took over and wasn't looped in on everything Louise and I discussed I sent him a laundry list email listing everything I wanted and the pricing I had gotten from Louise.  I told him I wanted everything in a contract so nothing else got displaced (they had double booked my original wedding date of 11/11/11 which is how we ended up with 11/18/11... so I was NOT happy at the time).

Is Esman the one you've been in contact with?  He's been great so far... but you have to do some hand holding!

Sarah

#1690 SarahBen2011

SarahBen2011
                    • 178 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

He didn't really ask for an email... but I did have proof from Louise that I forwarded on to him. Then he would reply with "okay, we'll honor that".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users