What to do... chop or not to chop??

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

Funny thing happened lastnight... Jay and I were on the couch talking about a whole lot of nothing while reruns were on. Noah's 6th Birthday party was yesterday so we were zonked from the day. Out of nowhere the boy decides to tell me .... "I think you need to go back to your Bahamas haircut and color... I miss it dark" .. "It would be perfect for the wedding"

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since the second we got engaged I have been on the Good Girl of growing out my hair and not coloring it and leaving it be, so I can have perfect hair for the wedding ... just like the boy wanted... "long sweeping blonde curls blowing in the breeze" (these are his words!) I'm a freeeeeeekin hairdresser and I was able from Dec till now, a swear a worlds record (for a hairdresser) not to do anything to your hair ecxept the tiny trim.

Needless to say I am extremely happy but at the same time totally confused because I do love my hair shorter and I did like it darker... but this is just not like him..... Geezzz.

So girls you tell me ... which do you like better

This is "Bahamas" Hair - I changed it the day before we left for the Bahamas and surprised him with this...

Click the image to open in full size.

Now here I am with the O' Natural of today

#2 Oscar_Ernie

• 266 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

I think it looks great EITHER way, but if I HAD to choose, at least from the pictures you shared, I lean towards your natural beauty. (BUT, I am a fan of the flowing curls blowing in the breeze, so that's my bias!) You are adorable! =)

#3 CayoLargo

• 177 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

Well I have to say that they are both really nice...you can get away with having both long and short hair. I think that if you have planned to have it long for hair styling and veil, flower, tiara then tell him and then say that you can change it when you return...or maybe half way through your trip!

I would say that either one looks great but be sure of it...as growing it back out would take awhile!

good luck!

Dorry did not realize you were just asking about color...I like the dark hair the blonde is great too...but if he likes the dark then go with dark! LOL
        Engaged: December 25, 2007
        Married: February 4, 2009
        Wedding Destination: Cuba
        Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo

#4 KAMAY11

• 456 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

Eeek! That's hard!
          I am biased though...I like long hair and would be terrified to cut it before the wedding!! You look great both ways, but I am a fan of the blonde!
          I'd say cut it after the wedding...
          D & K
          October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

I say keep the blonde and longer hair. You made such a sacrifice to keep it long...I say chop it after the wedding.

#6 NotYourAverageDW

• 361 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

Hmmm...I actually prefer the natural brown. I suspect that you'll have a divided vote on this

#7 tvt

• VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

I think your natural style is awesome! People pay for that! I'd leave it the way it is now, I really like it!

#8 boscobel

• VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

I like it from your bach. party night. It looks so pretty and natural. Plus, if you've been building your wedding look around long hair, changing it barely 2 months before could totally change the way you had everything pictured.

Sorry to your FI on this one! But what do YOU think??

#9 mpajkos

• 359 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:25 PM

I love the pic with you at the restaurant. I think your hair looks great blonde and I like the length. Maybe you could keep it blonde but cut it short if you perfer shorter hair... what do you think?

#10 lmg970

• 316 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

I am torn, they both look great, but I say close your eyes and picture yourself in your wedding dress at the beach and consider how you are wearing your hair in that image and that is what you should go with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users