Wearing Wedding Dress at AHR?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cmmillhorn9

• 35 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

Just wondering how many ladies are wearing their wedding dress at their AHR? I'm on the fence about wearing it, even though I LOVE my d
    ~Christine 2*9*09

#2 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

I will definitely be wearing my dress again! I figure why not since it will probably be the last time I get to wear it and I know alot of people who can't make the wedding would love to see me in the dress. Go for it!

#3 dursula

• 75 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

Absolutely I will be wearing her again! Partially b/c ppl will only be attending the AHR, but mostly b/c I love my dress.

#4 townie princess

townie princess
        • 298 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

I went to an AHR a few weeks ago and the bride wore her wedding dress.

The entire bridal party was dressed up as if it were the "big day"

I think the event would not have been so special if she didn't wear her wedding dress, and besides when can you wear it again?

Mind you, if you plan to do something after the AHR, bring a change of clothes. This particular bride and the wedding party went to the club afterwords and she didn't change. People were stepping on her dress and spilled drinks on her. And she still had another night photo shoot to do!

#5 nicoleandscott

• 397 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

i'm not (at this point) going to wear mine. it's a really casual wedding dress (short, BCBG dress) anyway. but also, our AHR theme is more rustic, and i want to wear cowboy boots with my fiance, and they don't look good with my dress! i'm looking for something cute and white (maybe in eyelet) to go with my boots!

i would LOVE to wear mine, but i would almost look way out of place!

#6 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:18 AM

We're not doing an AHR, but if we were I would def wear my dress again.

#7 PrettyPeaches

• 46 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

I am planning to wear my dress for my AHR.. At the moment I just want everyone what we looked like on our big day.. But I am not sure if I am going to wear the dress the whole night though.. I am worried that my dress will be super dirty from our real wedding day, and I don't wanna stay in a super dirty dress.. and it's alot to dry clean.. and I don't want to dry clean it twice! :)

#8 arhoyaltres

• 154 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

I'm not going to wear my dress again because I would have worn it for the wedding and then the TTD session. I'm not sure how motivated I will be to get my dress cleaned for the AHR. Also, I will be having 2 AHRs and the 2nd AHR will be in NY during the winter.

#9 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:18 AM

I want to wear my dress again. I am doing a rustic theme for my AHR and plan to wear cowboy boots (as long as it is as cute in real life as it is in my head) with my dress.

I have been going back and forth with this whole thing because I want to do a TTD and I was afraid I would hurt the dress because it has so much lace, but then I saw Becks' TTD session (we have the same dress) and now I really want to do the TTD with my dress and still wear it at the AHR :)

#10 boscobel

• VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hell yeah, I wore my dress! I never considered not wearing it, I love it and am so sad that I will never wear it again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users