what did you think of the VMA'S?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 sanddune

• 179 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:35 PM

okay first off:
    Russell Brand annoyed the heck out of me and he just needed to stop wise cracking the jonas brothers. geez! these hollywood kids need to hear more about ppl upholding morals than being beat down for trying to be role models.
    Britney: love her and i am so excited to see her win!
    Performances: lil wayne could have won a shirt and pull his pants up, just like he did with the kid rock performance. rihanna, could have won something under her jacket while performing with TI, i kept feeling like her boobs were gonna pop out! her disturbia performance didn't do anything for me.. i actually was very disappointed hearing her live.
    The VMA's in short sucked! paris looked the wrong way, demi had no mike, the whole shindig was just off the wall. thanks mclovin for making a somewhat funny entrance!
    a little help goes a long way.

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

I actually liked them.

I hated the host, it was so lame!

Poor Rhinna kept on holding on to her shirt while doing her last performance. She looked quite uncomfortable. I loved the Pink's performance! She rocked!!

It surely wasn't their best show, but it was entertaining.

#3 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

I haven't watched it yet, but I DVR'ed it and plan on watching it tonight. From what I have heard from my friends, they said it was a total bust!

#4 nicoleandscott

• 397 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

i thought the VMAs were terrrrrrible. don't get me wrong - i watched the whole show, so it obviously held my interest. but seriously...the host?!?! he was waaaaay off the charts in my opinion and just annoying. that being said...yay for britney!!!!! :) :) agreed that rihanna didn't sound too hot live, but she's beautiful! :) pink was great, as were the jobros! overall, sucky job on mtv's part...i was expecting much more for the 25th anniversary...oh well!

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

I remember back in the day when the VMA's use to rock!

#6 dainanewell

• 203 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:13 PM

I thought they were ok...couldn't stand the host.....couldn't believe Britney won every award she was up for...lol...she's good but they're was alot of better nominies.

#7 freshislandgal

• 71 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

i agree the vma's used to rock back in the day when nsync and brit performed their butts of! shoot, i remember when jamie foxx hosted and i love that show.
                vma's last night was awful, i kep watching in hopes that something cool would happen and i wouldn't miss it. rihanna did not impress me much. she's cute and all but i really want her to go back to longer hair. pink rappeling down on the curtain thing was cool! russell, whoo..so happy not to hear his voice today feels great! he was annoying!

#8 hanna

• 223 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

Ya, I kept waiting for it to get good. Everyone was mis pronouncing stuff, mics were in their faces, performances were soso, Brit gave the same speach twice, host was annoying... not impressed, it seemed so disorganized!

#9 Yari

• VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

It did seem very unorganized. The whole this in on the Paramount sound stage thing got old! Who gives a rat's ass?

#10 jajajaja

• VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 01:32 PM

I didn't watch them. It's on my DVR but I must say that the VMA's have gone down hill once they started censoring. I liked to tune in just in case someone went crazy and decided to climb up one of the sculptures.
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users