I Broke My Engagement Ring!!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 meagan

• 133 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Holy crap! My FI and I just bought a house. It is a beautiful colonial in a great neighborhood, and I love it. The only thing is it needs a lot of work! A LOT! It has not been updated in a long long time (I am thinking possibly 1970) Anyway....the other night we were painting and pulling up old gross carpet etc etc etc. I knew I shouldnt be wearing my e-ring but everything I owned was in boxes. I figured where is the safest place to keep my ring as my world is a mess? On me! So I wore my ring. Well, I was taking a rest (of course) and somehow my ring must have gottten caught on a rug. I huge moth flew into my lap (I swear it was the size of a hawk) and I jumped back. MY RING BROKE! All the prongs are still attached to the diamond, but the whole diamond and prongs seperated from the ring. I have both pieces but...holy shit! I almost died! Of course I started crying because I am stressed and and emptional wreck. I brought it to the jewelry store to get fixed, but I wont have it back for a week or two because the guy I need to fix it is away (of course!)

I know this is a long story, but nobody understands how upset I am! Its my e-ring! I love that ring. To not be wearing it feels wrong, and wierd, and just plain bad!!! Thanks for listening!

#2 tvt

• VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

oh man that totally sucks!!! but at least you didn't loose the diamond, that would have totally sucked worse!

#3 michellepicksbrent

• 1,448 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

OMG that is soooo horrible! At least you're able to get it fixed. Who knows, in a few years you may be able to look back at the situation and laugh :)

#4 MaryS

• 313 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:55 PM

I totally know how you feel. Something happened to my ring a few months back. I was without my e-ring for almost a month. It was a very sad time! Good thing your ring can be fixed.
          WE ARE MARRIED!!

#5 AnneW

• 127 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:25 PM

That totally sucks! Thank goodness you are able to get it fixed! I dreamnt last night that I broke my ring & lost one of the diamonds! A total anxiety dream:) I suggest a replacement ring to wear for the time your e-ring is off your finger - a positive - you get to go shopping! So sorry about your ring!

#6 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

That stinks! But... look at the up side... at least you didn't lose it or something! You still have it and you're lucky for that! And don't worry, you will get it back, but I feel your pain.

#7 Davematthews16

• Banned
              • 1,051 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Like everyone said, it's very fortunate that you didn't lose your diamond. Someday you can tell your kids about how you were ripping up old, nasty carpet and a huge insect landed in your lap and you litterally flew off the ground and snapped your ring in two! Not many can tell that story!!! Glad it's getting fixed :)

#8 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

Oh that sucks!!! Even worse that you have to wait to get it back. I have a wonderful jeweler in Little Italy who does amazing work. If you want his info, PM me.

That said, where in LI are you? We've just recently moved to Manhasset.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

Sorry to hear that Meagan! Hope you can get it fixed soon :)

#10 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:17 AM

Oh that stinks so bad, but I happy you have all the pieces.
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users