Photo

Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

• Please log in to reply
949 replies to this topic

#781 lisa203

lisa203
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hi Mizzrojo! Nice to know I'm not the only one who takes pictures of their paused televisions, hahaha.

I've never had a full sew in either but think either of these would work well. I'm sure they'd all be easy for a good hair dresser. What kind of hair are you getting?

#782 mistibuard

mistibuard
    • 444 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

I’ve been married for two weeks, and before I leave the forum I wanted to share what I did to my hair. Honestly, it was nothing major at all. I knew I wanted a messy bun and it was easy to create. In December, I had my my stylist sew in some hair (check out Demure Tresses on FB--she's here in Houston..she has Indian hair and Brazilian hair..I’ve referred a few brides on the forum to her). I planned to do my own hair so getting the hair sewn in December gave me a chance to play with it and learn how to work with it. I had the hair taken down and re-sewn a week before my wedding.

Here are pics before the wedding, during our photoshoot (where the wind was blowing like crazy- but hey—it’s a messy bun), and also here are pics of me just walking around the beach. The hair I purchased was great for this occasion. I did get into the beach water and of course immediately washed the salt water out of my hair..and put in some leave-in conditioner. I hope this helps at least one of you.

Best wishes to you all!

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

Here are a few of our wedding pics IMG_0960.JPG

Once again, I hope this helps at least one of you.

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#783 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
      • 328 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

Mistibuard: This will definitely help me as I'm purchasing hair from Demure Tresses as well. It seems to hold up well. I plan to get it sewn in like a week and a half before the wedding so I don't have that "face-lift" look and the hair settles. Thanks for your help and all the best w/ your marriage!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
        Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#784 lisa203

lisa203
        • 681 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

Yay Misti! You looked phenomenal. Thanks so much for sharing and for the inspiration! I'll be looking Demure up tonight. Congrats again :)

#785 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
          • 594 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:00 AM

Mizzrojo omg girl! Thanks for posting the last pic. When I saw it I fell in love with it and said that's the style I want for my wedding! Do you remember where you saw it? I just want to see how the back looks etc. But I do love it!!

Originally Posted by mizzrojo 

Hey Ladies!

Ahhh so happy I found this forum...this topic has been driving me crazy for awhile.  I'm getting married in less than 3 months and will be getting a FULL sew in (no hair left out).  I'll be getting a test run this weekend so I can see how it turns out because I have never had a FULL sew-in ever...I've done partial. Anywhoo I'm thinking of these styles that will work with a full sew-in.  What do you guys think?  Side Note:  Sorry for the DVR pauses in the pictures.  I keep my eye out on TV shows for possible hair styles :)

photo (4).JPG

photo (3).JPG

hair1.jpg

June 18th, 2011

Montego Bay, Jamaica 

#786 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
            • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hey Ladies!

I also got my hair from Demure tresses and it was fabulous it washed really well! here is a pic from the wedding day. Mitisi had referred me and it was the best decision i made to get this hair!makeupjpg.jpg

#787 jonesr1979

jonesr1979
              • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

sorry i meant misti! sorry girl for bad spelling before :)

#788 mistibuard

mistibuard
                • 444 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Oh my! You look absolutely beautiful! I love it!   Congratulations!!  (I'm glad you loved the hair)
                  **Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#789 royalbride610

royalbride610
                  • 172 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

OMG I'm so glad I found this thread! It is extremely helpful!

#790 lisa203

lisa203
                    • 681 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:12 AM

Jonesr, I saw you in demure's fb photo album! You looked amazing! Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users