Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1401 flloyd75

flloyd75
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

WHat did u do for your dinner and reception?

#1402 KorenAnn

KorenAnn
    • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hi SuperJdub,

My fiance and I have the chillout party booked for our April 2013 wedding. Would you mind sending me pics of your wedding/reception? I'd love to have a better idea of what to expect. Our wedding email address is korenandcletus@gmail.com . 

Thank you in advance and thanks so much for your thoughtful review! 

Koren 

#1403 KorenAnn

KorenAnn
      • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hi there L,

My fiance and I have the GSP booked for April 2013 as well. How is your planning going? I feel like I should be doing more at this point...

Cheers,

Koren 

#1404 jbateman

jbateman
        • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Since I thought it was ridiculous that the GSP was going to charge me to eat and drink at an ALL INCLUSIVE resort, I ended up going off site for my reception.

My guests enjoyed it and it was a really nice change from the resort food.

We all went to Alux: http://www.aluxrestaurant.com

It was absolutely gorgeous!!! We had 26 people in all for dinner and our coordinator at Alux gave us a group menu with special pricing. It was worth it

#1405 Brandie28

Brandie28
          • 40 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your review! My wedding is coming up in less than two months now and I sure am starting to get more anxiety the closer it gets, so it's comforting to read your review.

#1406 Steitzer23

Steitzer23
            • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

jbateman, more details please! What was the cost? Did you have a DJ and dancing or just dinner? How did you handle transportation? I'm intrigued by the idea of going off-site.

#1407 jbateman

jbateman
              • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Alux was amazing, they took us for a tour and then we sat down and ate. It's a dry cenote so it's absolutely beautiful to see. We didn't have a DJ but there's an add on you can opt for to purchase live entertainment if you want to. We actually ended up going back to the resort to the disco and dancing there all night after dinner.

We had a local transportation company take us there, wait a couple hours and take us back. We had 30 people so we had to rent 2 buses. If you send along your email address I can forward you all the pricing information that I received.

#1408 Karen Lopez

Karen Lopez
                • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hello Jbateman my email adress is paisita720@hotmail.com

#1409 Jenn Burch

Jenn Burch
                  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hello Ladies,

Im in the beginning stages of planning my wedding at GSP. I think Im a lot further out than everyone here with a May 2014 date. I guess this is why Im not getting any answers from anyone at the hotel. I know most people probably have their 2013 rate packages but if anyone can send me any information they have so I can get an idea of what Im getting into would be greatly appreciated! My email is jenniferburch@live.ca

Happy Planning!

#1410 Brandie28

Brandie28
                    • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

KorenAnn, I also have my wedding planned for the chill out party in just over a month. I do know someone who had their wedding at the chillout area and she said it was absolutely amazing. Do you have any photos for this location? I have a few if you need some. Looks incredible!

Brandie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users