Photo

Grand Sunset Princess Resort

• Please log in to reply
1772 replies to this topic

#1 texas_gal

texas_gal
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

My travel agent has mentioned this resort as an option for my April 25, 2009 wedding. (Yay! We finally set a date and got our charter seats reserved!) Does anyone have any info and/or thoughts on this location?[/FONT]
    ~Ashleigh~

#2 bride2b08

bride2b08
    • 41 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

I actually went there on vacation in April with a friend. Are you talking about the one in riviera maya?? Its huge!! We had such a good time.. Its a really beautiful resort. Let me know if its the one in Riviera Maya and I'll tell you a little more about it and send you some pics if you havent seen enough already:)
      Nina

#3 Jessicuzie

Jessicuzie
      • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

Im getting married here as well in may on the riviera side but i believe they they same hotel. Im waiting on some pictures from the hotel photographer to see what i'm getting and have a good idea of how things will go and what to do. I cant wait to go.
        I's love to know what you know Nina and take a look at the pictures. never too much info!!

#4 bride2b08

bride2b08
        • 41 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

Since, I have no idea how to post pics on here!! why dont you girls send me your email address and I would love to send you some pics, and info

#5 texas_gal

texas_gal
          • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

I dont know much about this place..I just started looking at it today. But It seems like the riviera princess and the sunset princess are at the same address on the princess website. so i guess they are connected? Do yall know anything more about this? Nina did you get my pm? Thanks again in advance for any pics and info!
            Ashleigh
            ~Ashleigh~

#6 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
            • Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

Just a tip... make sure you viewing pictures from the hotel photographer that is taking your pictures! Not some stock photos and you are getting a different photographer.
              Have fun and keep smiling!
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
              http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#7 Baby_G

Baby_G
              • 34 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 09:54 PM

I'm getting married on Grand Riviera Princess in December, 2008. GSP and GRP are sister hotels. I believe both share the same lobby and restaurants.

I have some pictures here from the WC, let me know if you need anything else.

Private Beach Reception
                Click the image to open in full size.

Wedding Gazebo

Beachfront Ceremony

One of their cake designs

#8 courtney

courtney
                • 49 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

I'm getting married here on Jan. 10/09. I've read a few reviews from some of their brides on other sites and all of them were very happy. Check out this photographers gallery he has done 2 weddings at the sunset Cancun Mayan Riviera Merida Mexico professional photographer wedding portrait family editorial model fashion glamour - Eduardo Machuca- powered by SmugMug it will let you see what the set up looks like. Demarys the wedding coordinator is slow at returning emails but she is sooo busy. I've had the best luck by calling her directly. She's been excellent to work with so far.

#9 Jessicuzie

Jessicuzie
                  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

The picture of the sea shell cake is the one we picked :)
                    Thanks for the link to the photographers site! I have an emil into Demarys to find out who will be the one taking our photos, I'll share as soon as i know!

#10 bride2b08

bride2b08
                    • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

the pics of the setup looks beautiful, unfortunately, I went a few months after opening and didnt get to see any of it.. so maybe it will be a good spot to get married..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users