Photo

Changing your name

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 syl1115

syl1115
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:46 PM

Is there anyone not changing their last name? I don't want to change mine because we were married before and I don't want to change mine. This may be totally selfish, but I am content with what I have. He doesn't want to change his either, lol. His is to long to hyphenate.
    Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

I don't want to and I'm going to try to get away with it for as long as I can. We'll see what happens.

#3 Chantal85

Chantal85
      • 224 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

I think if you're happy with your name, keep it! Mine is long and people never spell/say it right because its french so trading for a nice and simple "Scott" is fabulous for me.

#4 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:00 AM

I am not changing my last name. The only thing I would consider is to hyphenate it IF we do the same with my sons name. I don't think that FI is going to go for that one... My son is the only one to carry his families name.
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:48 AM

Right now I'm hyphenating. My husband really wants me to take his name, but there are no boys in the family, so when my dad dies, so does the name.

#6 happyone

happyone
            • 223 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

I just changed mine and I feel :-(
              I was kinda attached to the name after 27 years...

#7 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
              • 2,262 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

I'm defo not changing mine. I didn't the last time I got married and on my Decree for my divorce its even got my maiden name lmao

I told him straight its not changing and if we have kids we'll hyphenate the name and mine WILL be last lol he had no choice it was either marry me and I keep my name or dont lmao

#8 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,490 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chantal85
                  I think if you're happy with your name, keep it! Mine is long and people never spell/say it right because its french so trading for a nice and simple "Scott" is fabulous for me.
                  You know I haven't really decided what i am going to do yet but I am in the same boat as you Chantal...I would be going from a super hard to pronounce and spell last name to "Brown". How much easier does it get than that!

#9 Carolyn

Carolyn
                  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'm not sure if I want to change my name due to the fact my last name is so easy and his is very hard pronouce and spell. He really wants me to take his name.Will see what happens in June when we get back.

#10 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:23 AM

Im not sure either. FI of course wants me too. But I have been married before and when we got divorced I kept his last name for our daughter. And now its been so long for work reasons. It would be hard change. I may legally change it, but keep using my current last name in those areas.
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users