Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Another question girls... (or maybe I just wanted us back on page 1...LOL) Seriously though, do you guys know what the resort does for decorating if you choose to not bring your own stuff?
For the Lindo girls, I got this answer regarding decorations from a girl on The Knot that is getting married there:

Hi ladies!! For the ceremony they have white columns and a couple different runners to choose from. The columns are a little beat up, but I am not overly concerned - a few chips in the paint just give them a more beachy feel. They also can put either white flowers or tropical flowers on the columns and on the table at the "alter" area. At dinner, they use the flowers from the ceremony for centerpieces. They also put flowers on top of the cake. I think they may also use the flowers from the ceremony to decorate the reception area (where you can have dancing, etc). So they are simple, but I just do not have the energy to worry about all the decorations and such. We saw a couple weddings when we were at the Lindo and the resort's decorations looked beautiful.

i just got word that i can request a date!!! initially my TA told me we couldn't do this until march of 2009. whew... here's to hoping we score 1/8/10 wink.gif

also, beachbride08: i checked out your photog & loved their work... thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeeyonke View Post
hey ladies. do you know anything about photographers? i think i read somewhere (and now i can't find it anywhere!!!) that the tucan does not allow outside photographers... this scares me! lol- i am wondering if i can see their in-house work, and what it would take to get a TTD session scheduled.

any ideas? what are your photog plans?

Aimeeyonke.....Iberostar Tucan does allow outside photographers, however there is a fee of $300 (I have an email from them somewhere stating this) unless they are staying at the resort for a minimum of three nights. In which case there is no charge for bringing in your own photographer :o)

Hi girls! I've been a little out of the loop for a while, but I'm so excited that we have an Iberostar thread! I'm getting married at the Del Mar in May. So far I've booked DJ Bob to be the MC/DJ and Cecilia Dumas as the photographer. I'm planning on booking the Tropical Restaurant for the private reception and have the cocktail hour on the terrace of the Tropical Restaurant beforehand. I'm pretty concerned about the reception decorations. I'd like to have small, square vases of pink flowers at each table with votives. I know I'll have to bring candles and vases. I'm contemplating bringing linens, but I'm not sure I'll want to lug all that down. I also want to get large cups with our logos on them. I didn't even think about getting an insulated cup until I read a thread about that earlier, but that is probably a good idea. Does anyone know how they set up the flowers/decorations at the ceremony?

so we booked our date! & received tons of information on the tucan- flower prices, restaurant choices, private events... from what i can tell it seems very similar between the iberostar resorts- although the tucan/quetzal prices are lower for some things. SO if anybody is looking for anything just let me know. otherwise the information i received directly from the wc matches almost everything i have seen online.

& diskokitty: thank you for the info! cheesy.gif

edit: adding a "tricky" question! what exactly does this $300 outside photographer fee mean? i'm thinking about doing a TTD session a day or too after the ceremony. does this $300 cover one photographer? one day? one photoshoot?! i hate to ask the wc because i'm scared of the answer. lol :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeeyonke View Post
so we booked our date! & received tons of information on the tucan- flower prices, restaurant choices, private events... from what i can tell it seems very similar between the iberostar resorts- although the tucan/quetzal prices are lower for some things. SO if anybody is looking for anything just let me know. otherwise the information i received directly from the wc matches almost everything i have seen online.

& diskokitty: thank you for the info! cheesy.gif

edit: adding a "tricky" question! what exactly does this $300 outside photographer fee mean? i'm thinking about doing a TTD session a day or too after the ceremony. does this $300 cover one photographer? one day? one photoshoot?! i hate to ask the wc because i'm scared of the answer. lol :)
That is awesome that you booked your date! Congrats!

You'll probably have to pay the $300 again. I think it covers the day pass for them to be on the resort and also pay the photoshop for not using their services. We are doing a TTD as well, but will be doing it at a location other than our resort. We will discuss the location with our photographer once we get down there.

I don't think that you'll have to pay the $300 for a TTD session a few days after your wedding. As far as I understand it, you are paying the $300 for not using the resort photographer for your actual wedding. The resort photographer package doesn't include a TTD session does it? If not, then I don't think they can charge you for a TTD days later.

You will just need to pay for a day pass for your photographer if they are coming in to do the TTD.

that's how I understand it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyj711 View Post
I can email you the pictures that the WC sent me for the Tropical Restaurant. I have reserved that for my wedding in November.
Lucky, that would be great! My email is Stina168@aol.com. Are you having a cocktail hour too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
I don't think that you'll have to pay the $300 for a TTD session a few days after your wedding. As far as I understand it, you are paying the $300 for not using the resort photographer for your actual wedding. The resort photographer package doesn't include a TTD session does it? If not, then I don't think they can charge you for a TTD days later.

You will just need to pay for a day pass for your photographer if they are coming in to do the TTD.

that's how I understand it...

Yes, I agree with Ryan's girl. I asked our WC if it would cost an additional $300 to use an outside videographer as well as an outside photographer and she said no. So I think it's just an upfront penalty fee. But she did say that if the photographer(s) eat, we will need to pay an additional $50 per person for the day pass fee. All these little things keep adding up! uggg