8 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

So i just wanted to share about dreamdays.com. people have posted about how low their rates are and when i went to investigate, i found they are not advertised to include taxes so you do not know the rate until you get to the end of booking. the taxes they add are 12%.

here are some rate examples:

Dreams Tulum double occupancy

October 2008:
DD rates $221.75 per night / rate i got clients $218 per night

December 2008 rates:

DD $248.75 per night / rate i gave clients $245 per night

May 2009 rates:
DD rates $239.75 per night / rates i got clients $235 per night

it is not a huge difference but i just wanted to that the rates are not different that what any TA can get. also, if you are working with a TA and find rates that are lower than what you have, ask your TA to try to match it.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for looking out for us Tammy!
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 ashjanbro

ashjanbro
    • 61 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:35 PM

Thanks Tammy.

I just booked with my TA, and afterwards went online to DD. I was astounded by the difference in price, and began to get a little upset. Thank you for affirming my decision to go with a TA.

#4 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:11 AM

The other thing that DreamDays.com does not include with their quotes that TA's usually do are the round trip transfers.

#5 michelle08

michelle08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:27 AM

Good info...I know that when I was looking around for possible site visits I came across sites with very low rates and then realized toward the end of my clicking that the price is so much different in the end and none of them matched what tammy could get me! Plus you know who to deal with when you get a travel agent!

#6 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
          • 291 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for the info, I almost the made the switch and went with dreamdays and now I am glad that I stuck with my TA.

#7 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
            • 342 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:01 AM

Good to know. Thanks for looking out for us!
              ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#8 hsims1

hsims1
              • 356 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:16 AM

Hmm, good to know. Thanks,

#9 bryonandkiuana

bryonandkiuana
                • 71 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

This is good to know but even with the taxes included. dreamdays.com is pretty competitive. I will surely ask my TA to match their prices!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users