Photo

Tomorow is my opperation day :-(

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 JODEY

JODEY
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

I've had problems with my knees ever since I can remember, my right is worse than my left, it gives way on me occasionally and is VERY pinful, it swells up and I'm in agony for days. Finaly after 20 odd years the doctors has decided to take note and after x-rays and MRI scans they have told me I have artheritis and need the position of my knee-cap re-adjusting along with some cartlge trimming and a wash out. They've told me I will be off work for around 2 weeks and cannot drive which is going to be great fun stuck in the house 24-7 ! Never mind at least something is now being done.... wish me luck !

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

Wow Jodey i will be thinking about you and hoping for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Tell your FI he better take good care of you!

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

Awwww Jodey!! Sorry to hear you have to have surgery!! I wish you good luck tomorrow!! Hope you get well soon :) Let us know how things went!! I will be thinking about you :)

#4 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

Good luck, Jodey!

#5 Amarillis

Amarillis
          • 1,913 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

I understand where you are coming from. Last summer I had reconstructive foot surgery to repair a birth defect (similar to bunions) it was a painful procedure but I am pain free now that the procedure has been performed.

Best of luck for a speedy recovery - and tell that FI of yours to take good care of you!

*hugs*

#6 JODEY

JODEY
            • 344 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

Arrr Thank you so much for all your kind words of support, it means alot !
              Don't worry FI will take great care of me OR ELSE lol..... I will report back as soon as I can, thanks again ! x

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

Aww you poor thing. When I had surgery in June I was in bed for an entire week. I could barely get up to go to the bathroom. Ryan really came through. Made me fall more in love with him. I am sure your Fi will do the same. You will be just fine. They give really good pain meds lol

#8 sunset78

sunset78
                • 1,280 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

Good luck and let us know how everything goes.

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Jodey I'm glad they are finally doing something to help you with your pain. Try to get a lot of rest after the surgery, it'll help you heal faster. Just make sure you have a computer nearby so you can let us know how your feeling. Goodluck tomorrow and i wish you a speedy recovery.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 lucy106

lucy106
                    • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Oh Jodey!! So sorry to hear you are going through this!! Will be thinking of you!! Be sure not to push yourself afterwards!! Healing takes time and patience!! and enjoy the pampering!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users