Paradisus, Melia, Sol Brides -Cuba and elsewhere

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Virg

Virg
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hi!

I have some concerns regarding flowers, WCake, & the resort photographer.

For those of you that chose to use natural flowers for your wedding, were you happy? How was the selection? Were they accomodating with your colours, decor and overall theme? I have been debating ordering some from Angel's, I have heard that they are phenomenal.

What about the cake? Was it pretty? Did it taste ok?

What about the resort photographers??

We are getting married next summer at the Melia Las Dunas and I am already starting to look at these options I am a keener! So any input from MLD, Melia, Sol or PAradisus bride is very much appreciated.
    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#2 DWbride09

DWbride09
    • 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hi Virg!

We're getting married at the Paradisus Varadero (also a 5 star). I've seen pictures online of our flowers, cake etc and they look very nice. I also found another bride that got married at our resort who sent me pics of her wedding. All of the "freebies" looked great. None of them looked spectacular mind you but they were all very nice.
      I think if you're not picky then its all great. If there are a few items that are really important to you then I would contact the coordinator and let her know what you would like and if she could do it for you.

Have you been to this link?......

Wedding package - Wedding and Honeymoon programs in Sol Melia Cuba hotels & resorts

#3 Virg

Virg
      • 684 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

Yes, And Melissa (our WC for MLD has been great).
        I just get nervous because there are not that many Cuban brides on here.

Would you still have those pictures?
        Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
        Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#4 DWbride09

DWbride09
        • 171 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:46 PM

Yes Melissa has been great. You won't get too many cuban brides here as it is an american site.

If you click on the link above and look at the top right there are other links to flowers, cakes etc with pictures. Check them out :)

#5 Michelle

Michelle
          • Banned
          • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

im getting married in jan 2010 at the paradisus rio de oro in cuba!! im choosing the huge wedding package and from what ive heard its really simple it includes everything you need and the only decision you need to make when you get to the resort is what colour you want your flowers to be!! lol...thats my kind of wedding planning! i cant imagine dealing with the stress of having to plan a huge wedding at home!

#6 Michelle

Michelle
            • Banned
            • 302 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:04 PM

and yay for the canadian girls in here!! i think we are so lucky to be able to go to cuba and get married! its so gorgeous there!

#7 LIW

LIW
              • 197 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

I'm getting married at the Melia Las Dunas in October 2009. We're getting the free wedding package, and I'm not really all that concerned.

Melissa has been fabulous and has been able to answer all my questions. I'm only choosing a few extras available at the resort.

We are bringing our own photographer with us, because that was the only thing that was extremely important to me.

I figure that if there is anything else I really feel I need, I will bring it down with me.
                http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#8 katnip

katnip
                • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:58 PM

I was speaking to the Sol Melia wedding rep at a destination night, she informed me that it is best to book the free wedding, and then to add any extras you may want. She said in the long run this was much less expensive. Does anyone have any experience with this?

#9 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
                  • 177 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

Well I am getting married Feb 2009 at Sol Cayo Largo and I have used the Wedding package - Wedding and Honeymoon programs in Sol Melia Cuba hotels & resorts website to get an understanding of what is to be offered. Since my resort is more isolated my choices will be even more limited but the small things I am not worrying about!

The only thing that is really important to me is my photography so I am bringing my own photographer ShutterBrugs Photography - Award Winning Photography, Wedding, Portraits, Maternity, Children, Event Photography. As for the rest I will just go with the flow and I am sure it will be beautiful!

Melissa has been really good at answering my questions as well so I am not worried as long as I can get married on the day I specify and everyone gets food and drinks then I will be set!
                    Engaged: December 25, 2007
                    Married: February 4, 2009
                    Wedding Destination: Cuba
                    Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
                    http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

I got married at Paradisus in Punta Cana ... and did not use the resorts photog or flowers - but we did have the resort cake and it was PHENOMENAL!!! No complaints about how things turned out for us. It was picture perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users