was your website ready when you sent out your std's?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 msasfraz

• 392 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

it was up but under construction... it was definitely complete when the AHR invites were mailed this week....

#22 Maegan606

• 115 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Jaime-- oo! sounds great, thank you, i'm going to check it out right now. Would love to have a "unique" domain name!

#23 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

I bought a domain from godaddy.com and am using a wordpress blog as my website. You can have "pages" in addition to the recent posts you make in a regular blog. I like and dislike it, but I was crunching for time. STDs went out 2 days ago and the website is a bit bare I think... but it is good enough for now.
        19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

#24 Virg

• 684 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

Our website is Up and running, infact some people have already booked! and our STD have not arrived yet from VISTAPRINT
          Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
          Made it legal : June 30, 2009

#25 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

Ours was ready when we sent them out. My friend sent hers without doing anything to her site so everyone goes to look and nonthings there and it still is not even started that was almost 2 months ago now. I think nonthing being there right away will discourage people from going to your site again.

#26 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

ours was 100% ready :)

#27 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Maegan606
                Jaime-- oo! sounds great, thank you, i'm going to check it out right now. Would love to have a "unique" domain name!
                And btw FI researched several different websites and found this one the best rated overall! It does seem very easy to use so far and has tons of features :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#28 beckibee

• 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

I am in the same quandary. I have my site up and will be sending the Save the Dates next month. My website is with ewedding.com and I like it for simplicity and non-cheezy templates. I will have the basic info about Palm Springs travel/reservations, registry info, and event info.

I haven't decided if I want the online RSVP information on there though. It would be nice if we got early RSVPs for the head count but I don't want people to get the Save the Date in September for the April wedding and RSVP yes because it's so far away, only to decide in Jan or Feb that they changed their mind. I may add the online RSVP part in January when the actual invites go out.

Good luck!

#29 Carolyn

• 1,235 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:32 PM

I'm just finishing the website before I send out any information. Should e done by the end of this week can't wait.

#30 Christi

• 1,905 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

We had ours up and running since the STD's had the web address listed...we used myweddings.com since it was free...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users