Photo

Anyone have an Emerald cut ring?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

If so, what kind of wedding band did you go with?

I'm having a really hard time finding something that matches my ring. It's a 3 stone Emerald cut with baguettes on the sides. It's a custom made ring although FI based it exactly on a style I saw in the store. The best band to match it would be baguettes but I'm starting to realize they're very hard to keep clean so having a band full of them would be a pain. Not only that, my 3 diamonds come out on the sides and are pretty low.

Here's a pic of what my ring looks like:
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

Jenny,

I have an emerald cut ring - it is custom made as well and set with micro pave.

We just picked up our wedding bands which we also had custom made.

I don't know if i will be of much help though b/c i am moving my e-ring to my right hand and wearing it there and then wearing my wedding band on my left hand so my wedding band is 'stand-alone'

are you wearing them on the same hand?

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

I have an Emerald cut as well, and OMG I feel your pain about keeping the ring clean :-) My E-Ring has two round diamonds on each side, so I just got a 5 stone, round diamond wedding band.

Would you consider just a plain white gold band?

#4 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Can you guys go back to where your FI had it designed and have them make one?
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alyssa
            Jenny,

I have an emerald cut ring - it is custom made as well and set with micro pave.

We just picked up our wedding bands which we also had custom made.

I don't know if i will be of much help though b/c i am moving my e-ring to my right hand and wearing it there and then wearing my wedding band on my left hand so my wedding band is 'stand-alone'

are you wearing them on the same hand?
            Yea, I wanted to have them together on the same hand

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TammyB
            I have an Emerald cut as well, and OMG I feel your pain about keeping the ring clean :-) My E-Ring has two round diamonds on each side, so I just got a 5 stone, round diamond wedding band.

I was hoping for diamonds. I'm really considering round diamonds like you have, the 5 stone.. would that look cheesy since I don't have round in my setting now?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jkcz0702
            Can you guys go back to where your FI had it designed and have them make one?
            I've mentioned it to my FI but he gives me "the look" like I'm ready to spend a lot of money lol I would really like to go back to the same guy since he made my ring for me

#6 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

My center stone is emerald, but is surrounded by pave diamonds. My ering was custom made and my wedding bands are being made to match. I think the baguettes would look the best, but maybe a princess cut channel setting might look OK. I think round diamonds might look weird since you don't have any in your ering.
              Michelle

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TammyB

Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride08
                My center stone is emerald, but is surrounded by pave diamonds. My ering was custom made and my wedding bands are being made to match. I think the baguettes would look the best, but maybe a princess cut channel setting might look OK. I think round diamonds might look weird since you don't have any in your ering.
                Will you guys post pics of your rings? I don't think I've ever seen a pic of either of yours !

#8 michelle08

michelle08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,702 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

I have an emerald cut which stands alone and no other dimonds on the side so what's that solitare? I know nothing about jewelry!

Anyway, I think because of how mine is set in a basket setting is why I couldn't find a ring that went with it as far as sitting right next to it on my finger w/out a huge space in between...so I didn't get a band.

I figure down the road if I find something I like I can buy it for the other hand or switch them like Alyssa...

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by michelle08
                    I have an emerald cut which stands alone and no other dimonds on the side so what's that solitare? I know nothing about jewelry!

Anyway, I think because of how mine is set in a basket setting is why I couldn't find a ring that went with it as far as sitting right next to it on my finger w/out a huge space in between...so I didn't get a band.

I figure down the road if I find something I like I can buy it for the other hand or switch them like Alyssa...
                    Michelle - do you have a pic of the 'basket' - i love this look!!

#10 michelle08

michelle08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,702 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

I can never take one that comes out...but I will try to take one tonight and post it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users