Newbie here.. torn between Vegas and Mexico!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 blairb

• 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

My FI and I recently moved to Vegas (2 mos ago) and we love it here. Our family and friends are spread out around the US (Houston, New Orleans, Vermont, New Mexico, etc, etc), so no matter where we have it people will be flying.

We always dreamed of having our wedding in mexico (playa or cabo), but we're starting to second guess that lately with the ridiculous airfare prices! A houston-cabo flight is now around $850! I think on average if we went with an AI, our guests would spend $2,000 each coming to our wedding. We want a small wedding (around 50ish), but our extended family might not be too keen on spending that much ! Also, friends might not enjoy spending that much on coming to a wedding.. arg

Vegas isn't free, but flights are much cheaper, and there are so many more hotel options to fit into any budget.

Targeting a wedding next fall (Sept or Oct), so hopefully we decide the place soon!

#2 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

welcome to the forum!.. It is costing us $2000 a couple for the Riu Santa Fe in cabo. What ever you decide it will be wonderful. Good luck!
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#3 Davematthews16

• Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

Of course it's your choice! I guess you just need to decide how important the ocean is for your wedding. If it's not that important then stay in Vegas!

#4 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:17 PM

Welcome to the forum!!
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#5 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

Welcome, and happy planning!

#6 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:09 PM

Welcome to the forum!!

#7 Jen5372

• 228 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

I am getting married in vegas in...a week! (wow a week-holy shi*t!!!) I dont feel anywhere has the scenery Vegas has-BUt thats for me---Im from NY!! Vegas is our place-we have been together like 10 times and our best friends live there.

Id say do as you wish-but many people might not pay 2000 to go to mexico-if you are ok with that-go for your dream. if you want more peole-stay with vegas!

Im using Vintage Vegas Weddings | The Las Vegas Wedding Professionals for mine-they have good locals packages!! The photographer is awesome! You can do a Lake las vegas package-sure not the ocean-but maybe a good substitute?? Hope that helps a little!

#8 Angel

• 2,635 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#9 photographerShay

• 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:57 PM

Ooo that a tough decision. If you end up staying in Vegas you always have Lake Mead too. Super clear water and the small mountains/cliffs would be SO pretty for bridals or TTD.
                    Photographer based in Utah, but avail for travel.
                    Photography Blog

#10 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:05 AM

to the forum!
                      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users