Crazy to get my dress 8 months before?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

If you love the dress no matter how many more you tried on you would still love that original dress. I got engaged in Dec 07, I bought my dress March 08, I booked my place/date July 08. So there is no right time to buy your dress just the old saying you will kno wit when you see it.

#12 ericaandsy

• 259 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Congrats on the dress..I have mine and am getting married in a year!! Just stop looking at dresses and you will have nothing to worry about!

#13 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

If it's the perfect dress, it doesn't matter when you get it as long as you love it! :)

#14 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

I agree with everyone. I found my dress - it was the 2nd one I tried on at the first salon and I tried on 20 others after it, but that was it. Kept coming back to it. Still haven't bought it, but I know it'll be there to order when I go back this week.

Just DON'T go looking for another one!!! You don't want to become a 2 or 3 or 4 dress bride!!! Be happy, check it off the list and have fun picking your shoes and accessories because it's already in your closet!!!

#15 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:29 AM

I also do not think that you are crazy I think if you found the dress you love you should buy it.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#16 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:31 AM

Just don't go back shopping. I was concerned too about finding something else, but I never went back to a bridal store, and in the end I was very very happy with my choice.

#17 Tara

• 473 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

I got mine over a year before as well. I had 8 months to go as of the 23rd. No fears.

#18 sally

• 302 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:06 AM

I believe you can never do it too early, one less thing to get stressed about later on xx

#19 Madbride2009

• 51 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

I'm like 14 months out and I'm dress shopping... the only thing to consider is if you have to slim down before the big day, they can only alter the dress down two sizes. Any more and you risk things not fitting right. If you buy your dress to early and miscalculate you could be in trouble. From your pic, it doesn't look like that is the case :) though! Good luck, I'm sure you picked the perfect dress!

#20 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for all the replies! I didn't get to log on yesterday, so it was so nice to read them on a Monday morning.

I think yall are right - I just have to stop looking! It is in my closet so now I can focus on accessories and losing another 5 pounds :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users