Sign in to follow this  
DallasAshli

Crazy to get my dress 8 months before?

Day before yesterday, I went to a bridal salon after work and found a dress I really liked. At this salon, you buy that dress rather than ordering it. Its a discount salon but designer dresses.

So my mom drove in 2 hours this morning to see it and bought it for me on the spot! I now have my wedding dress hanging in the closet and my wedding is 8 months from tomorrow. Did I get my dress too early? It's everything I was looking for (fit, color, front, back, price!) My only concern is that I hadn't tried on enough dresses. I'm really bad with commitment and do this back and forth on everything (apartments, cars, jobs, any big decision).

Please tell me 8 months before is not too soon!

I am just under 10 months from my wedding and got my dress a few weeks ago! So I don't think it is to early...just one thing to get off the "to do list"

congrats on finding the dress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasAshli View Post
Day before yesterday, I went to a bridal salon after work and found a dress I really liked. At this salon, you buy that dress rather than ordering it. Its a discount salon but designer dresses.

So my mom drove in 2 hours this morning to see it and bought it for me on the spot! I now have my wedding dress hanging in the closet and my wedding is 8 months from tomorrow. Did I get my dress too early? It's everything I was looking for (fit, color, front, back, price!) My only concern is that I hadn't tried on enough dresses. I'm really bad with commitment and do this back and forth on everything (apartments, cars, jobs, any big decision).

Please tell me 8 months before is not too soon!
Dallas: i am only about 8 months and 2 weeks out from my ideal wedding date, no i don't think it's too early to get your dress. i started looking about 1.5 months ago and wouldn't stop looking. the only reason i stopped is because i went home to Minnesota for a dress b/c there's no sales tax up there on wedding dresses. i can't afford to keep going up there so i settled on one that i really love. plus, i will get it back earlier and then i can keep trying it on. hehe my other top choices were all supposed to take 6-8 months to come in if i ordered them so i was actually cutting it pretty close or so said most of the sales people. I also keep thinking that i'll find one i like better that maybe i jumped the gun a little bit but i do that with everything. i do it with new shoes, new clothes, new books, EVERYTHING so i'm trying to not be like that.

i think if you love the dress then good for you for finding one so soon and not having to stress out about it! :)

They actually suggest you order your dress at least 6 months to a year before your wedding. I purchased my dress in October or November of last year and I just got married 3 weeks ago.

I got mine 11 months before. I was buying off the rack so I wanted to do it while white was still in stores. it was nice to have it done early.

I don't think you're crazy at all! I ordered my dress at the first shop I went to try on dresses (Lulu's). I was feeling the exact same way you were but I quickly got over it. I'm so happy with my choice, and am glad to have that decision over with!! I've made myself promise not to even look at other dresses because I can be very indecisive and wishy washy when it comes to big decisions like this.

I say be happy, don't look at any other dresses and put a big red check mark next to "Dress"! :)

i bought my dress in january and my wedding is in two weeks. so if you do the math, it was almost 7 months before that i bought it. ordering it in jan, it arrived in april. i had my first fitting a few weeks ago and my final fitting today, and we leave aug 6th.

I am getting married May 14 of next year and I already bought my dress also. i wouldnt worry... its just you saving money and being the excited bride like myself...Congrats!