How to say this?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

i just realized i said "please note" 2x so i would change one of them hahaha DUH!

#12 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Alyssa
      How about ...

Please note that the Iberostar Grand is an Adult-Only Resort.

While we understand that some family and friends may be staying at alternate Resorts with their children, please note to arrange for child care as the Adult-Only policy includes our wedding ceremony and reception. Thank you for understanding.
      That is perfect and maybe put the contact info for child care so they can reserve or research it in advance

#13 lenka14

• 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

A family friend who is a TA just came back from a site visit at Iberostar Grand. She said the hotel will allow children to come in for the wedding.

By the way, she was absolutely in love with the resort and said it was one of the best she's ever been to.

#14 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hmmm... the resort told me no kids allowed at the wedding.

#15 lenka14

• 151 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

Maybe have your TA double check. Mine went to some TA convention at Iberostar last weekend, and they told them kids are not allowed to be at the hotel, but they make exceptions for weddings. Now I am condidering checking out Grand as well.

I just realized, we're getting married on the same day!!!

#16 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

hee hee. Same month, same day. That's neat. :)

It's no big deal if the kids can come or not.

We picked the Grand because there are no kids allowed there, plus it's handicap accessible (FI's dad is in a wheelchair).

#17 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

Our resort was O and they strictly enfored it.

Children could attend or participate in the wedding, but had to leave afterwards, no reception, etc.

One of the other AO resorts we looked at would allow children to attend the wedding and purchase a day pass, but they had to be with their parents at all times and could not stay on property after dark.

I would double check with the resort (if you want kids there). Sometimes they do bend the rules for weddings and groups.

#18 1elephant

• VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

and if you don't want kids there, even if they do make exceptions, you don't have to tell anyone!

#19 meghanmbm

• 203 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

I like Alyssa's wording. Here is something i have learned along the way, most of your guest with kids wont want to bring them anyway, they can use this as an excuse for a romantic get away without their little ones. just something to think about, and say if ant one is upset with your choice of an adult only hotel.
                    Live every day like the next will never come.

#20 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I'd go with what Alyssa said. I would have loved to have our wedding at the Grand, but we will have a lot of kids attending so we ended up going with the Lindo. We're honeymooning at the Grand after the wedding though (to get away from the kids!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users