Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

• Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#861 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:12 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by latinalocany
    thanx sunbride,
    you cleared up something for me. i thought if over 10 @ ala carte you would have to pay $20 including the 10. so the first 10 people are free and you only pay for each additional guest thats over 10. thats better then i thought!!
    Yeah, imagine if you had 11 people and so you had to pay 11*20$ just because you were one person over the limit!!!

But remember if you want to upgrade to silver or gold menu you'd have to pay 55$ or 65$ for all 14 people, as those menus are not included for the first 10 people with the free package.

#862 can't wait!

can't wait!
    • 517 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

Wondering and also beginning to fume...has anyone heard from ANYONE in the wedding department. I kid you not, I've sent 4 emails all asking one simple question. What's the name of the minister who will be performing my ceremony?!?!?! ugh! If they do have 3 ladies in the wedding department than there is really no excuse for not getting back to us. I leave in 7 days. Tired of the waiting around!!!!

#863 Callie

Callie
      • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:45 AM

Thanks for the contact info Sunbride! Can't wait- we haven't heard anything either. We don't leave for a couple of weeks yet, but it is still getting annoying!

#864 rachelannmartin

rachelannmartin
        • 192 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

Ladies, do any of you have guests coming from other resorts? I'm aware of the day pass fees but I'm wondering logistically how they would get from one resort to the other?? I'm assuming a cab or something similar....also is there a timeline that these guests would need to be off Dreams property?
          Any additional info would be awesome!
          EEP! Just realize from my siggy that we get married in 4 months :)

#865 can't wait!

can't wait!
          • 517 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:10 PM

Ladies, I FINALLY got an email! whew!
            For anyone wondering...the name of the minister who performs their services is Francisco Flores. Remember, it's non-denominational AND the minister could change depending on availability.
            Here's an outline of what he'll say:

Opening prayer
            Welcome
            1st. Reading (Mark 10:6-9) Institution of marriage
            Reflexion on the scripture
            2nd. Reading (1st. Corinthians 13:4-8a) Love
            Meditation on the reading
            Prayer for the rings (your hearts)
            Vows: Bride, Groom´s name: I give you this ring
            Wear it with love and joy
            I choose you to be my (wife, husband)
            From this day forward
            For better or for worst
            For richer or for poorer
            In sickness and in health
            To love and to cherish
            For as long as we both shall live
            Amen
            Presentation to the congregation as Mr. and Mrs.
            Signing of the certificate.

You may write your own vows.

You can add: Sand ceremony, poems, songs, other readings…etc. I will guide the timing for them, or as you prefer.

It lasts approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

ALSO, and this is a big also (at least for me), they will no longer be allowed to have bonfires on the beach. Landy says its part of the agreement the resort recently made with the gov't. Now, I need to think of something else for AFTER our big shindig!

#866 latinalocany

latinalocany
            • 215 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

thanx cant wait,
              i want to write my own vows, but i would get really emotional and dont know if i would get to finish saying them!! there would be tears everywhere!!

#867 SunBride

SunBride
              • 1,499 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by latinalocany
                thanx cant wait,
                i want to write my own vows, but i would get really emotional and dont know if i would get to finish saying them!! there would be tears everywhere!!
                I wrote ours, but instead of getting stressed out each writing our own secretly, I came up with some standard ones and we both said the same thing. I looked online for inspiration and came up with a few lines that I thought were relevant and true to us. We practiced them a lot as we didn't want to do the "repeat after me" thing with the minister. Because we practiced them a lot we didn't get very emotional saying them. I'm very happy we did it, the words were special. I really liked our vows.

#868 amy706

amy706
                • 506 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by can't wait!
                  Ladies, I FINALLY got an email! whew!
                  For anyone wondering...the name of the minister who performs their services is Francisco Flores. Remember, it's non-denominational AND the minister could change depending on availability.
                  Here's an outline of what he'll say:

Opening prayer
                  Welcome
                  1st. Reading (Mark 10:6-9) Institution of marriage
                  Reflexion on the scripture
                  2nd. Reading (1st. Corinthians 13:4-8a) Love
                  Meditation on the reading
                  Prayer for the rings (your hearts)
                  Vows: Bride, Groom´s name: I give you this ring
                  Wear it with love and joy
                  I choose you to be my (wife, husband)
                  From this day forward
                  For better or for worst
                  For richer or for poorer
                  In sickness and in health
                  To love and to cherish
                  For as long as we both shall live
                  Amen
                  Presentation to the congregation as Mr. and Mrs.
                  Signing of the certificate.

You may write your own vows.

You can add: Sand ceremony, poems, songs, other readings…etc. I will guide the timing for them, or as you prefer.

It lasts approximately 20 to 25 minutes.

ALSO, and this is a big also (at least for me), they will no longer be allowed to have bonfires on the beach. Landy says its part of the agreement the resort recently made with the gov't. Now, I need to think of something else for AFTER our big shindig!
                  That stinks about the bonfire!!!!! but at least the resort is open again- ha!

Thanks for the info, karla! I'm glad to hear you've heard back from them! Was it Landy that responded or someone else? I have quite a few questions out to Landy (and then I copied them to Anabel when she sent me the 1 month prior documents). No word yet... I'm sure they're backed up with the reopening but... I keep telling myself to chill. Its working... for now:)

Ummm, Can't Wait... your ticker says 10 days!! HOLY CANOLLI!!!! that is awesome!! Yay yay yay!
                  Amy706
                  Washington, DC
                  Dreams Tulum
                  December 5, 2008
                  Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#869 SandyW

SandyW
                  • 26 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

Can't Wait: Is there a Costco near Tulum?

Amy, if you really care about the champagne I would suggest packing a suitcase of it - just make sure it doesn't weigh over 50 lbs and wrap each bottle in bubble wrap (keeps the weight down yet protects). My FI and I are very picky wine drinkers so everytime we have gone to Mexico in the past we have brought about 10 - 12 bottles in one bag in bubble wrap and we have never had a problem with it. We bought several bottles of wine in Mexico before and ended up dumping every last one out -- they were TERRIBLE - and expensive - I don't think they store their wine properly in the heat, etc.

#870 sdtooley

sdtooley
                    • 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

I know that I have talked about photographers several times on here. I am just having a really difficult time making a decision about who to use and still not spending a fortune.
                      I was wondering if anyone is getting a photo album created with one of the photographers that they are using. I was looking at Claudia Rodriquez but I did not see an option for a photo album...maybe I overlooked it.
                      As far as Del Sol, they look like absolutely wonderful pictures and cost quite a bit more, which I completely understand. But then they list the photo album starting at 1,500. It just seems like it really adds up to alot.

So basically does anyone know any more information about the photographers or know of one that has reasonable costs for the wedding day services and also a photo album.
                      Hope this sounds somewhat clear... it's been a long day!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users