Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#421 Dreams425

Dreams425
  • Newbie
  • 105 posts

    Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

    Menu question.....
    I am getting ready to begin working on my invitations and I'm wondering if anyone had provided their guests with menu options? Our menu (platinum menu) has options for guests so i'm wondering if I need to put the options in the invitation on an RSVP card so I can provide final numbers to Landy when I arrive? Or is it more laid back and the servers just ask the guests what they want at the tables? Please let me know. Thanks!

    #422 cendcar

    cendcar
    • Jr. Member
    • 163 posts

      Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dreams425
      Menu question.....
      I am getting ready to begin working on my invitations and I'm wondering if anyone had provided their guests with menu options? Our menu (platinum menu) has options for guests so i'm wondering if I need to put the options in the invitation on an RSVP card so I can provide final numbers to Landy when I arrive? Or is it more laid back and the servers just ask the guests what they want at the tables? Please let me know. Thanks!
      Tiffany,

      Hi, have you checked with Landy or Lizet if your guests can choose options? From what Landy told me, we (bride and groom) have to choose one dish from each section (app, soup, salad, entree, dessert). Our choice will be what everyone gets with the exception of any vegetarians.

      Sunbride,

      As always, thank you for your advice about the timing. Sounds like what I have will work out fine!

      #423 Melissa24

      Melissa24
      • Newbie
      • 35 posts

        Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by cendcar
        Hi Melissa!

        Regarding the DJ...I was going to also have a DJ but I just don't think it will be worth hiring a DJ for just 30 people. Also, the hotel DJ does not MC. So we decided we are just going to bring our iPod. This way we can still dance and if we decide to have a bonfire or go to the disco, don't need to worry about the DJ.

        Aslo, where did you order your flower girl basket from?

        Thanks!

        Carina-

        Thanks for the imput on the DJ, my FI and I are not big dancers so I am glad someone else agrees that it might not be worth it. I want to be able to have our first dance, a dance with my dad, the traditional dances ect.

        I am going with a starfish theme for my wedding and my sister is wearing turqouise and my niece a off white dress (to match mine) with a turqouise bow (to match my sister) so I was able to find a basker with turqouise and starfish on the web. See the link below, there are a few others I had found too, if you want I can post those too.

        Beach Wedding Favors - Island Wedding Shop

        Melissa

        #424 can't wait!

        can't wait!
        • Member
        • 517 posts

          Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cendcar
          Hello all,

          For those ladies who are having Oct and Nov weddings, what is your timeline for the day of the wedding? I am having a 4:30 ceremony so that we can do dinner at sunset but I am wondering if that might be too late. Any suggestions?

          My ceremony start time will be at 4:30. Sandra (former WC) told me that was ideal to give us enough time to take pictures and start dinner around sunset. My timeline is ceremony 4:30pm, cocktail hour 5:00-6:00pm, Reception and Dancing 6-10:30pm and then a bonfire from 10:30 on.

          #425 Dreams425

          Dreams425
          • Newbie
          • 105 posts

            Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

            I haven't checked with Landy or Lizet yet. I wasn't sure I would be able to get a clear answer from them so thought I would try here first. It is so confusing because our menu selection is broken up into 4 groups and each grouping has 2 entrees...I'll try to email Lizet tomorrow. Please let me know if anyone knows otherwise. Thanks!!

            #426 MarryingMyBestFriend

            MarryingMyBestFriend
            • Newbie
            • 5 posts

              Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

              I just posted in the newbie forum and wanted to post here too.

              I'm an imposter DT bride for the time being, while we await the final details from the TA (I have my heart set though, so *fingers crossed* I'll be a DT bride-to-be by the end of the week!!

              We're hoping for the first week of May (2nd-9th). According to the things I've read, the earliest I can be married there is May 7th (thursday), which, coincidentally, is my 27th birthday. The 8th would work too. Still have to book though, and noticed there is a May 7th on this forum so I'm not sure.

              Username MarryingMyBestFriend
              Names (optional, first names only) Laura And Scott
              Date & Time 1st week of May, 2009
              Wedding package - not sure yet
              Wedding extras (and cost charged) - boys golf trip, something fun for the girls (TBD), and a group excursion (possibly boat cruise/dinner/drinks). Love the idea of a bonfire though too!
              Type of ceremony - Symbolic
              Coordinator - not sure yet...
              Number of guests - thinking 30-50 will RSVP, we'll see!
              Ceremony location - beach
              Reception location -hoping beach
              Photographer - not sure
              Videographer - resort

              #427 Blkatz

              Blkatz
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,025 posts

                Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

                glad you found us Laura! Send an email to Lizet and get your date ASAP. Ask for a few dates-May is a crazy busy month for them. I'm getting married May 2 2009. They do have 2 weddings a day so you never know! good luck-there is some great information as well as some great brides to help you through the process!

                #428 chandrathebride

                chandrathebride
                • Newbie
                • 90 posts

                  Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:47 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MarryingMyBestFriend
                  I just posted in the newbie forum and wanted to post here too.

                  I'm an imposter DT bride for the time being, while we await the final details from the TA (I have my heart set though, so *fingers crossed* I'll be a DT bride-to-be by the end of the week!!

                  We're hoping for the first week of May (2nd-9th). According to the things I've read, the earliest I can be married there is May 7th (thursday), which, coincidentally, is my 27th birthday. The 8th would work too. Still have to book though, and noticed there is a May 7th on this forum so I'm not sure.

                  Username MarryingMyBestFriend
                  Names (optional, first names only) Laura And Scott
                  Date & Time 1st week of May, 2009
                  Wedding package - not sure yet
                  Wedding extras (and cost charged) - boys golf trip, something fun for the girls (TBD), and a group excursion (possibly boat cruise/dinner/drinks). Love the idea of a bonfire though too!
                  Type of ceremony - Symbolic
                  Coordinator - not sure yet...
                  Number of guests - thinking 30-50 will RSVP, we'll see!
                  Ceremony location - beach
                  Reception location -hoping beach
                  Photographer - not sure
                  Videographer - resort
                  Welcome Laura! Hope you get the date you want--try to be flexible with a few dates and hopefully it will work out!

                  #429 rabbitnow

                  rabbitnow
                  • Newbie
                  • 49 posts

                    Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:39 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by can't wait!
                    My ceremony start time will be at 4:30. Sandra (former WC) told me that was ideal to give us enough time to take pictures and start dinner around sunset. My timeline is ceremony 4:30pm, cocktail hour 5:00-6:00pm, Reception and Dancing 6-10:30pm and then a bonfire from 10:30 on.
                    Hello ladies - I have not had a chance to post in a while again but here I am - just one month before we are off to Tulum and I am sooo excited!!! I think 4:30pm will give you PLENTY of time before the sunset - we are having our ceremony at 5:30 and expect that to have plenty of time for cocktail hour and pics as well. Reception and fun will continue on through the night.... Anyone else going to be there in the first week of October? I do see a lot of November brides but I thought we did have a few people that were right around the corner as well.

                    Hope all is well with everyone - I am looking forward to getting back into chatting with everyone in the next few weeks.
                    Anna

                    #430 SunBride

                    SunBride
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,499 posts

                      Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by rabbitnow
                      Anyone else going to be there in the first week of October? I do see a lot of November brides but I thought we did have a few people that were right around the corner as well.
                      According to our list (somehow you weren't on it, so I just added you) there are no brides for September (boo for us, although smart decision on behalf of brides to avoid the worst month for hurricanes) and 5 in Oct. I don't think we've seen trisha0612 on here for a while, and I think Piggy only made a brief appearance a few months ago (although I could be mistaken, it's hard to keep track of everyone).

                      rabbitnow - October 7, 2008
                      piggy - October 9, 2008
                      trisha0612 - October 10, 2008
                      B&J2008 - October 11 2008
                      cendcar - October 27, 2008


                      On a related note, I think everyone should put up an avatar picture! Not necessarily a pic of you but some random little icon or picture or something. It makes it so much easier to recognize people. Am I alone in this? I know that for some people I remember their avatars more than their names.

                      Oh, and of course, welcome to our new member "marryingmybestfriend". Hope everything works out for you!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users