| Originally Posted by clinicalgal |
Thanks everyone, Aurora finally did get back to me, which is good. One of the things i asked her about was substituting items in the packages. I am opting for the the "Dreams of Love Wedding" but don't need a lot of the things included (like the judge since we're doing a symbolic ceremony). I wanted to use the money these items would have cost towards something else, like food or center pieces, but Aurora said no. Is anyone else having this same problem?? Has anyone gotten a different answer to this sort of question?
In my opinion gone are the days when Dreams would happily trade services or add on freebies. When reading through older posts it seems that once upon a time this happened but not so much now
Are you sure that its not better value for you to do the free wedding and add in your "wants" rather than pay for a package and take away your "dont wants"?
That being said I did find them very accomodating and I do think that they do everything within reason to make the most of your day:)
I have included below some of the things that we requested and they were more than happy to do. It may help give you an idea of whats do-able and what not.
1. We swapped my hair styling for my MOH's (like for like really which is the kind of thing I think they will do no probs) = no extra cost
2. Cancelled a floral centrepiece with less than 24 hours to go because we realised it was extra cost = no cancellation charge
3. Swapped Hors d'Ouvres cocktail hour menu for mexican style tapas = no extra cost
4. Added refreshing towels to be given out after the ceremony. Natalia our WC was waiting with these herself as we exited the chapel she did think there would be extra cost for this but whether she forgot or the manager waived it im not sure = no extra charge
5. Offered our guests the choice of 2 entrees, 1 salad/1 veg salad, 2 meat mains + a veggie option, 1 dessert = no extra cost
6. Requested extra lighting for our reception, admittedly they were spotlights and not "mood" lighting but they did the trick = no extra cost.
Hope you manage to come to a solution soon