Photo

Momma Mia ROCKED!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

okay so... first of all. i was BORN AND RAISED in sweden so abba is pumped into my veins at birth.. i listen to abba quite often (and not the greatest hits stuff that is way over played). so trust me i can jam out with abba no problem..

BUTTT oh in no wayy am i gonna see this movie. i like pierce from way back in th eday of remington steel but come on... he cant sing for crap and it just looks so bad... i heard that its funny and all that but i just dont wanna ruin abba more for me hahah

doesnt mean the rest of you cant go enjoy it though. just putting my two cents in

#12 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jean-marcus
      okay so... first of all. i was BORN AND RAISED in sweden so abba is pumped into my veins at birth.. i listen to abba quite often (and not the greatest hits stuff that is way over played). so trust me i can jam out with abba no problem..

BUTTT oh in no wayy am i gonna see this movie. i like pierce from way back in th eday of remington steel but come on... he cant sing for crap and it just looks so bad... i heard that its funny and all that but i just dont wanna ruin abba more for me hahah

doesnt mean the rest of you cant go enjoy it though. just putting my two cents in
      I know what you mean lol BUT i hated abba mostly because my ex played it constantly at our wedding lmao however i like them again now lol

Honestly its worth a laugh lmao

#13 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
      • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Hartyt509
        I know what you mean lol BUT i hated abba mostly because my ex played it constantly at our wedding lmao however i like them again now lol

Honestly its worth a laugh lmao
        if its on somewhere ill watch it. but i wont pay to go see it hahaha

bjorn and benny from abba have enough money as it is already.

#14 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

Wow, i can't believe you were able to get your fi to go. I have to find someone to go with cause no way will fi go.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#15 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:22 PM

wAAAHHH!

I Can't wait to see it! I love sparkles and love to sing!
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#16 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jean-marcus
              OMG JM!! When he started singing for the first time, I thought I was going to pee my pants - I was laughing so hard. He was terrible!! Everytime he sang my GF and I would just bust out laughing.....as did the entire theater!

#17 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

My DH refuses to go see it with me, so we are going to see the Dark Knight but I want to go see Mamma Mia with some girlfriends. Still haven't even seen SITC yet, lol. I think Mamma Mia is going to be great so thanks for the great reviews!

#18 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:15 AM

My DH just turned me on to watch-movies.net.....its people who secretly film a movie in the theatre and put it online. So i decided to test it out and I'm watching Mamma Mia. SO far so good. I mean it's not like theatre quality but its fine for me.

#19 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

it got awful reviews, not that you can listen to them, but I really want to see it!

#20 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Yari
                      Is it similar to the play? Do people start singing in the audience?
                      It was basically the same as the play- but just a little more adult humor IMO. I thought it was super cute.

As for people singing in the audience- yes, that is if you went with my mom! I had to remind her several times to sing lower. She was dancing in her seat. Sooo cute.

Although Pierce really IS a crappy singer, I really enjoyed it. I don't mind that they don't represent Abba's music perfectly. That's what we have the cd's for.
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users