Just Bought An Elliptical...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

...but I need some help!

I still have a bit more weight to lose and inches as well.

How often should I be using it? Minutes per day etc. I was on it for about 15 minutes so far today. Although I have been exercising etc. this is all new to me.

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 Chantal85

Chantal85
    • 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

I use mine every day. I started off slow with 10 minutes and slowly built up to longer. By the end I'd watch a whole episode of Grey's Anatomny while on my elliptical!

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

I agree, start slow and build up as you go. The Elliptical is my fav cardio machine :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 amesharpe

amesharpe
        • 260 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

I agree, definately start slow and work your way up. You don't want to overdo it. You'll never want to get on the thing again

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

You know your body best... Just start slow and work up to what you feel is working your body.

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

I just fixed my elliptical... which was broken since Jan, so now that I'm starting on it again, I'm starting at 20 minutes. And I do the interval program, low resistance building up to harder, and then back down to easy again. My latest SELF magazine said that these types of programs are the best for weight loss.

Have fun!!

#7 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
              • 584 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by tvt
                I just fixed my elliptical... which was broken since Jan, so now that I'm starting on it again, I'm starting at 20 minutes. And I do the interval program, low resistance building up to harder, and then back down to easy again. My latest SELF magazine said that these types of programs are the best for weight loss.

Have fun!!
                Hmm intervals...I'll have to take a look at the manual to see if I can do that. I can adjust the resistance myself and that's about it from what I can tell.

Ten minutes was all I could do...wish me luck because I think I'm going to need it!

#8 Kryztan

Kryztan
                • 743 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

Interval training is the best way to lose weight and drop inches. 45 minutes a day. You will more than likely need to work your way up to more resistance. If you really wanna get high tech find your highest fat burning heart rate and wear a heart monitor while doing it.

#9 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kryztan
                    Interval training is the best way to lose weight and drop inches. 45 minutes a day. You will more than likely need to work your way up to more resistance. If you really wanna get high tech find your highest fat burning heart rate and wear a heart monitor while doing it.
                    Thanks! It has a heart rate tracker...I have no idea what is the best rate though. I got up to 104 beats...is that good ?!?!

45 minutes per day I guess i'll get there but 10 minutes was enough to kill me. When was able to do squats & lunges I could get up to 60 per day or 60 per leg with the lunges..that was it.

I'm in big trouble!

#10 Angel

Angel
                    • 2,635 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

I usually use mine for about 30 minutes. Depends on what I'm watching. I try to watch a movie so I can stay on longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users