Did you sew weights into your veil?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 tvt

• VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

this is such a good idea. my veil is pretty long too. i would think you could have the weights in for the ceremony and them clip them out for pictures - for that veil in the wind look.

thanks for posting this. i would have never, ever, ever thought of this!

#12 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alyssa
      My veil is really long - last week i had it on and went outside and it was a little windy and the thing almost blew off my head. I am thinking it could be a bit windy on the beach in Hawaii b/c of the trade winds.

One of my friends suggested sewing little clear weights into the veil - has anyone done this? willl the alterations people already have them or do i have to bring them?

any advice?

Thanks girls!
      Alyssa, I saw either on a Knot video or one of those wedding shows that they recommended sewing tiny fishing weights into the veil. I don't know if they come in clear, but you could probably paint them white or wrap them in a tiny piece of fabric. I'm going to do it, but haven't bought a veil yet. Just hoping the weights are heavy enough that the thing doesn't blow around and one of them smacks me in the face!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#13 chicklet

• 718 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

That is an awesome idea!! Thanks for the suggestion.

#14 Celina

• Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kat81
          Alyssa, I found clear weights that were in the fishing supplies. They clamp on just like a normal weight. I bought some for the bottom of my girls dresses too just in case it is too windy. I don't want their chonies flashing everywhere lol.. good luck

That is a great idea about the dresses too! Chonies - LOL I haven't heard that in a long time...too cute...reminds me of my mom.

Alyssa, what about beading the bottom edge of the veil?
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#15 Amy&Andy

• VIP Member
          • 3,405 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

Oh yes...please do! Mine flew off right as soon as our ceremony started. I had just gotten to my spot and the first little breeze just lifted it right off my head. My mom reached out and caught it mid air...kind of one of those pretty woman moment's like when she shucks the snail in the restaurant....had to be there :)

I would definitely suggest weighing it down....however, it makes for some pretty pics when it's kind of blowing in the wind a bit. Maybe just take them off for after the ceremony

#16 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:59 AM

I never thought of this...gosh something else I need to look into.

#17 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

Great Idea, thanks for bringing it to our attention! I will have to ask the alterations girls when my veil comes in.

#18 twixygrl

• 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

I have heard of this before....I will def. be stopping by the tackle section at walmart on my next visit!

#19 Stina168

• 170 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

This is a great idea-for both the veil and BM dresses! I hate wearing skirts & dresses b/c I've had a few bad experiences when the wind picked up suddenly!

#20 boscobel

• VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

I wish had thought of that for my wedding! It was a fairly windy day, not too bad. My veil was super long and I thought heavy enough, but it blew right off my head as we were walking back down the aisle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users