Did you sew weights into your veil?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:07 AM

My veil is really long - last week i had it on and went outside and it was a little windy and the thing almost blew off my head. I am thinking it could be a bit windy on the beach in Hawaii b/c of the trade winds.

One of my friends suggested sewing little clear weights into the veil - has anyone done this? willl the alterations people already have them or do i have to bring them?

any advice?

Thanks girls!

#2 amandalovesryan

• 933 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

great idea! i wish i would have done this! my veil was driving me crazy!
      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

#3 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

I wish I had remembered to do this so I could have worn my veil!

someone mentioned using I think it was like the sinkers you use for fishing, but I don't know if they come in clear or not. I'm not sure if a seamstress would have them or if you'd have to buy them and bring them.

#4 MeikaMon

• 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:42 AM

hmmm didn't think of this... I will be doing the same
          Beaches Negril Resort and Spa
          October 11, 2008
          Our Website: DerrickandShameikahttp://tickers.Ticke....0bfa/event.png

#5 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

I've never heard of that but if it was windy on my wedding day I sure would have appreciated it!

#6 Tracy

• 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

Definintely a good thought. Please let us know where you end up finding clear weights... :)

#7 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

good call on the fishing supplies Jill - i am going to try to get some of those!

#8 Kat81

• VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Alyssa, I found clear weights that were in the fishing supplies. They clamp on just like a normal weight. I bought some for the bottom of my girls dresses too just in case it is too windy. I don't want their chonies flashing everywhere lol.. good luck

#9 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

That's a great idea Alyssa! I wish I had thought of it, because my veil was in my face the ENTIRE ceremony! Seriously... I think I have 3 pics of the ceremony where the veil wasn't covering my face - which sucks. My only question would be how weighed down the weights make your veil, since most girls still want those 'blowing in the wind' pics.

#10 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:35 PM

The lady at the boutique where I bought my dress suggested that I lightly tuck in the middle of it into the back of my dress during the ceremony, and then take it out for everything else. The one I got isn't very long though.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users