Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

Did you sew weights into your veil?

My veil is really long - last week i had it on and went outside and it was a little windy and the thing almost blew off my head. I am thinking it could be a bit windy on the beach in Hawaii b/c of the trade winds.

One of my friends suggested sewing little clear weights into the veil - has anyone done this? willl the alterations people already have them or do i have to bring them?

any advice?

Thanks girls!

I wish I had remembered to do this so I could have worn my veil!

someone mentioned using I think it was like the sinkers you use for fishing, but I don't know if they come in clear or not. I'm not sure if a seamstress would have them or if you'd have to buy them and bring them.

Alyssa, I found clear weights that were in the fishing supplies. They clamp on just like a normal weight. I bought some for the bottom of my girls dresses too just in case it is too windy. I don't want their chonies flashing everywhere lol.. good luck

That's a great idea Alyssa! I wish I had thought of it, because my veil was in my face the ENTIRE ceremony! Seriously... I think I have 3 pics of the ceremony where the veil wasn't covering my face - which sucks. My only question would be how weighed down the weights make your veil, since most girls still want those 'blowing in the wind' pics.

The lady at the boutique where I bought my dress suggested that I lightly tuck in the middle of it into the back of my dress during the ceremony, and then take it out for everything else. The one I got isn't very long though.