RIU RM Palace Brides??

• Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#3481 janapana

janapana
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by celestial419 

Ladies- please remind me..when is Riu suppose to be contacting us? was it 1 month or 2 months before?  Does Nancy mention any specific planning about the wedding day or is that all during the meeting?  and how soon should I book Renova Spa? 

sorry I'm having a little panic moment..

Don't worry, CHILLAX!!!!!

They didn´t contact me until about 5 weeks before the wedding, they probably could have left it later and it wouldn´t have mattered, as nothing gets formalised until your meeting anyway.

Maybe fire off an email to nancy and the spa just to remind them that you're alive, but don´t worry, they will be on top of everything. This is what they do!

#3482 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
    • 212 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

Nancy sent me "the email" like two or three weeks ago and I replied to some of the items...and I also had some questions. She hasn't replied yet but I'm not too worried about it. I may email her again later this week or next week.

Attached Files

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#3483 Nicyx

Nicyx
      • 2,914 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by vlvetter7 

Celestial - I love all of those dresses. Can't wait to hear how they are once they arrive! The Ann dress and top right dress (Nic's choice) are my favorites based on these pictures, but again, we'll see once they arrive!

Seeflowers - that's a great idea with the picture book!

We are doing wish lanterns. We are going to put them on the reception tables and have each of our guests write us a wish, and then all light them and set them off over the water after dinner. They are 100% biodegradable. I hope they actually work!! My fiance found them...the video's and pictures on their website look pretty neat. www.wishlanterns.com

The wish lanterns are a great idea :-) Brilliant x

I have a copy of the email the SPA send.... i need to book, i think i will do it this weekend x

#3484 jrb

jrb
        • 83 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:54 PM

Just wanted to check in.  I want to assure all of you that there is nothing worth freaking out about.  Nancy and her staff are pros and take care of everything at your meeting....even if you e-mail her things in advance, you still talk about them.  Enjoy this time!!

#3485 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
          • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by jrb 

Just wanted to check in.  I want to assure all of you that there is nothing worth freaking out about.  Nancy and her staff are pros and take care of everything at your meeting....even if you e-mail her things in advance, you still talk about them.  Enjoy this time!!

Thanks... Because of all the advice from past brides, I am totally calm and collected when it comes to Nancy. Thats probably the ONLY thing I don't have anxiety about though! ha ha ha!

#3486 Nicyx

Nicyx
            • 2,914 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jrb 

Ooooooo, thanks for checking in, Great news from your end... put alot of girls minds to rest :-) Hope your having lots of fun x

#3487 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
              • 212 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

Having a GREAT wedding "to-do" day. Dress alterations are now going great, got personalized matches in the mail (for cigars), and bought meds for hangover it. Ahhhh...its all coming together.

#3488 celestial419

celestial419
                • 198 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

I wish I had a great day.  I found my wedding dress in 1 day BUT I've been searching for weeks for a simple white dress for legal day... arrrghh. I went to 4 different malls/shopping centers, drove over 150 miles total, tried on anything and everything white.. skirts/ suits/ etc..and still NOTHING!!  BTW, the dresses I ordered online didn't work out 

Attached Files

#3489 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
                  • 212 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Awe man... I'm sorry to hear that. The dress is out there, believe me. Don't get too down because you WILL find the dress.

Originally Posted by celestial419 

I wish I had a great day.  I found my wedding dress in 1 day BUT I've been searching for weeks for a simple white dress for legal day... arrrghh. I went to 4 different malls/shopping centers, drove over 150 miles total, tried on anything and everything white.. skirts/ suits/ etc..and still NOTHING!!  BTW, the dresses I ordered online didn't work out 

#3490 vlvetter7

vlvetter7
                    • 293 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

Celestial - I went through the same battle! I bought several online dresses and ended up finding my legal dress at David's bridal for less than $100!  Keep searching...you'll find the perfect one.

Does anyone on here know what the best pyramids to visit are? I want to go to Chich©n Itz¡, but I just read it's a 3 hour trip from Playa del Carmen...any others close by that you all know of that are worth going to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users