Jump to content

Photo

RIU RM Palace Brides??


  • Please log in to reply
4120 replies to this topic

#3341 SeeFlowers

SeeFlowers
  • Jr. Member
  • 212 posts

    Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:05 AM

    Ok.... Couple of questions I have for you ladies.

     

    Has anyone gotten married at the kiosk in the courtyard at the RM? How many people can be accomodated there?

     

    I stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico several years ago and visited the RM, but I can't remember how far the actual was walk was? I ask because some of my wedding guests will want to go to the disco at the Tequila (across the street from Riu Palace Mexico) and I was wondering how bad the walk was.....

     

    Thanks :)


    Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

    #3342 Nicyx

    Nicyx
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,914 posts

      Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:25 AM


       

      Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 



       

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nicyx  


      How long are you there for, we fly out from the UK on 1st May.... :-) Oooo, so you definalty know how i feel about the hair then!! Haha, lots of spray it is!!! x


      I'll be there from April 26th to May 3rd... we'll be there at the same time! :)
       



      Fab... never know we may bump into each other :-)

       



      Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

      Ok.... Couple of questions I have for you ladies.

       

      Has anyone gotten married at the kiosk in the courtyard at the RM? How many people can be accomodated there?

       

      I stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico several years ago and visited the RM, but I can't remember how far the actual was walk was? I ask because some of my wedding guests will want to go to the disco at the Tequila (across the street from Riu Palace Mexico) and I was wondering how bad the walk was.....

       

      Thanks :)


       

      you will find this useful, a past RIU Palace bride sent me this info ::

       

      Dear .............................

      Thank you for choosing RIU Hotels & Resorts for your Wedding!!

        To finalize your wedding details before your arrival, please be so kind to provide us with the following information:   1. A list with your guest's full names, arrival dates and Hotel booked (including bride & groom)
      2. Which restaurant would you prefer Bota Fogo at 6:30pm or 8:45pm or Chillis at 6:45pm or 8:45pm?
      Please bare in mind that groups over 27 people for dinner will be accommodated during the 2nd seating.

        - Chillis, is an open air restaurant, close to the beach area, tropical and informal. (I have attached the menu for your consideration) - Bota Fogo, has A/C, it's formal, Brazilian Rodizo style with a classic atmosphere. It could be private for groups of 50 guests in the 2nd seating time. (I have attached the menu for your consideration)

      Please let us know how many people will be in your wedding group to book your wedding dinner reservation. May we remind you that it is very important that you send us a list with full names, arrival and departure dates of all your guests as soon as possible. If some of them, do not have their room reservations yet, please suggest them to do it ASAP. Remember our 80% policy!! (at least 80% of your guests must stay at the hotel where the wedding will be held)
         2 Cake. Please choose one of the following options:
      - Flavor: Chocolate or Vanilla
      - Filling: Vanilla, Chocolate, Peach or Strawberry
        3. Please select the Wedding Spot of your choice:

      -At the RIU Palace Riviera Maya the options are:
      Gazebo: From 2 to 100 guests, near beach area w/ocean view but not private.
      Kiosk: From 2 to 30 guests, elegant, near lobby area, good for high heels.
      Beach: From 2 to 60 guests, not secluded and not recommended for disabled customers.
        Please note that the included decoration consists of white artificial flowers. Fresh Flowers are available at an additional cost (prices in FAQ document) You may make your decision once you meet your on-site wedding coordinator.
       

      If there is something you would like to add but have not seen in any of our provided information please let us know and we will be happy to work with you to get it.
       

      We will meet with you on .........at ........am, at the RIU Palace Mexico's lobby area. Look for our desk  located across from the gift shop, next to the front desk.

      IMPORTANT NOTICE - The RIU Palace Mexico is only a 15 minute walk from your hotel. Just take a left and follow the sidewalk until you see the property, if you need any special directions, please ask our front desk staff.
        Please bring with you, your 4 witnesses with passports and tourist cards and of course all your documentation (the 4 witnesses information must match the info provided in the form). If they don't show up at our meeting we will provide them.   It's extremely important that you show up at your appointment on time to finalize all your wedding details. By failing to do so, your wedding will be automatically be canceled.  

      Thank you for your kind comprehension and do not hesitate to contact us if you shall require further assistance.



      #3343 janapana

      janapana
      • Member
      • 591 posts

        Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:24 AM



        Originally Posted by jrb 

        seeflorwers...when is your big day?  I have thick curly hair too. hope they can deal with it. 

         

        questions:

         

        how does the legal paper work work?  do we get all we need to make it valid in the states?  do we get the marriage certificate?

         

        how is the DJ?  one sheets says you pay for 4 hours, but the dinner is only 2 hours?

         

        anyone work with calyspo photography??  what package did you get?  can you negotiate?--i don't need an album, but want them for 2 hours?!  can you book them at your meeting or does it need to be down in advance?

         

        3 weeks!!!



        jrb, we used calypso this month, we chose package 4 for 1200$US, for that we got 4 hours of their time, getting ready pictures, ceremony, reception, then she went away and came back for the dinner. With that you get a slideshow with 120pics on and an album of 50 pics.

         

        I think package3 was for 2 or 3 hours, cost about 800$US, the cheaper options ie 1 and 2 don´t come with an album, just a cd, so i reckon you can mix and match. It´s true they will bend a bit on price....... we got all 350negatives for an extra 200$, they also did a film, even though we said we prob wouldn´t want it, he wanted 450 for it but we knocked him down to 300for cash.

        When you have your meeting at the Palace Mexcio the WC will ask if you want the photography service, and after she's finished with you she calls over the photo lady to have a look at prices, confirm your room number and what time etc. If there are specific pics you want don't be afraid to ask, and make sure your room is tidy! in my photos you can see the debris of our holiday in some of the pictures! I'd emailed Calypso about a month before we left, but i hadn't needed to, the WCwill have it under control!

         

        Should also say that i took 23 purple chair sashes and she put them on the chairs for free, no questions asked....... we also gave her the cake topper and that was sorted out great, and we had a cd with our music on which they used and returned the following day.



        #3344 dana

        dana
        • Jr. Member
        • 285 posts

          Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:53 AM


           

          Originally Posted by jrb 

          seeflorwers...when is your big day?  I have thick curly hair too. hope they can deal with it. 

           

          questions:

           

          how does the legal paper work work?  do we get all we need to make it valid in the states?  do we get the marriage certificate?

           

          how is the DJ?  one sheets says you pay for 4 hours, but the dinner is only 2 hours?

           

          anyone work with calyspo photography??  what package did you get?  can you negotiate?--i don't need an album, but want them for 2 hours?!  can you book them at your meeting or does it need to be down in advance?

           

          3 weeks!!!


          Jrb- I wish I could help you with the legal part, but we got married in the states at the courthouse about 2 weeks before we left so we didn't have to deal the with legal stuff. From what I know and the reason we decided to do this is b/c it would have cost us more money. You will receive an official marriage certificate, but it can take a really long time to come in the mail. Once it comes in the mail you have to get it translated into English in order to change your name. Also, I think you need to get your birth certificates translated into spanish.

           

          We didn't a private reception so we paid for the DJ for 4 hours. I don't know if something has changed or not.

           

          We used Calyspo photog. No you do not need to book them ahead of time. We got one of the lowest packages which included the ceremony and a little time after. I think our total package was about 2 hours. It was plenty for us. Yes, you can neg price. You will meet with their "sales" person the day you meet with Nancy. She will give you your options for packages and you pick it. I would pick the package based on the amount of time you want not on how many pics you want. Then you will meet with the photog before you leave Mexico to pick the pictures you want. We watched it on a big screen and decided we wanted many more then what the package included so we bought all the pics on a CD ~350 pics (and opted out of the photo album) for about $300.00 more then the package cost.



          #3345 dana

          dana
          • Jr. Member
          • 285 posts

            Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:56 AM


             

            Originally Posted by SeeFlowers 

            Ok.... Couple of questions I have for you ladies.

             

            Has anyone gotten married at the kiosk in the courtyard at the RM? How many people can be accomodated there?

             

            I stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico several years ago and visited the RM, but I can't remember how far the actual was walk was? I ask because some of my wedding guests will want to go to the disco at the Tequila (across the street from Riu Palace Mexico) and I was wondering how bad the walk was.....

             

            Thanks :)


            Mexico is about a 15 min slow walk, it really isn't long at all. You can catch a cab there for $5 and it takes about 1 minute to get there. We were running late for our meeting with Nancy and had to get a cab to make it on time.



            #3346 Nicyx

            Nicyx
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,914 posts

              Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:26 AM


               

              Originally Posted by dana 

               

              We used Calyspo photog. No you do not need to book them ahead of time. We got one of the lowest packages which included the ceremony and a little time after. I think our total package was about 2 hours. It was plenty for us. Yes, you can neg price. You will meet with their "sales" person the day you meet with Nancy. She will give you your options for packages and you pick it. I would pick the package based on the amount of time you want not on how many pics you want. Then you will meet with the photog before you leave Mexico to pick the pictures you want. We watched it on a big screen and decided we wanted many more then what the package included so we bought all the pics on a CD ~350 pics (and opted out of the photo album) for about $300.00 more then the package cost.


              Thanks for this :-) Hope we manage to get the same deal as you!!!! x



              #3347 jrb

              jrb
              • Newbie
              • 83 posts

                Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

                Good to hear about the photographer...I don't need that many pics, but we are gonna do photos before the ceremony, so I want to make sure we have time for those photos as well as photos of the ceremony...that's why I think about 2 hours would be perfect for that. 

                 

                We are set on doing the legal ceremony in Mexico---we shall see what happens.  I never even heard that we need our birth certificates with us.  I will e-mail Nancy right now :)



                #3348 janapana

                janapana
                • Member
                • 591 posts

                  Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:08 AM



                  Originally Posted by jrb 

                  Good to hear about the photographer...I don't need that many pics, but we are gonna do photos before the ceremony, so I want to make sure we have time for those photos as well as photos of the ceremony...that's why I think about 2 hours would be perfect for that. 

                   

                  We are set on doing the legal ceremony in Mexico---we shall see what happens.  I never even heard that we need our birth certificates with us.  I will e-mail Nancy right now :)



                  We didn´t need our birth certs, just our passports and the immigration card you get when you arrive. Also we didn´t have to take our witnesses to the meeting, just their passports and immig cards.



                  #3349 Nicyx

                  Nicyx
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,914 posts

                    Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:36 AM

                    Im worried about the witness thing as were will have FI's sister and hubby ( who arrive with us) and my mum and dad (who arrive the following day)  I was told our meeting would be the day after we arrive which is the day my parents arrive but they dont get there til the afternoon and i believe the meetings are in the morning?.... Hopefully they will let us have the meeting the day after my parents arrive? as i wont even have their passports to take.... I dont know what will happen!! :-(

                     

                    xox



                    #3350 shell2880

                    shell2880
                    • Newbie
                    • 5 posts

                      Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

                       Nicyx, On the Riu website it says that if you don't have witnesses they can provide you with them.  There is also a section on the Riu website under weddings about the Legal and paperwork that you need.  Although it is a little confusing as to exactly what you need. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users