Photo

To soon to buy?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 endlesslove

endlesslove
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

When did everyone start purchasing things for their OOT bags? I was at Big Lots (a closeout store) today and I found so many things for awesome prices, but I didn't know it they would be good in 22 months or not. So I ended up buying 10 packs of travel tissues with exotic flower prints for $1.00 and 10 mini notebooks for $2.00.

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

I guess it depends on when you know how many people will be coming...otherwise, how do you know how much stuff to buy?

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:08 PM

I had the same problem in the beginning.

I casually purchased things as the months went by, but refrained from buying stuff that would go bad.

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by T.O.Heather
          I guess it depends on when you know how many people will be coming...otherwise, how do you know how much stuff to buy?
          I invited 140 guests and bought about 100 of each item. Now that my guest list is more tailored, I figure if I have left over I can sell the stuff.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

what kind of things are you worried about going bad? I know the single packets of pepto and tylenol i bought have an expiration date on them.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

I think you are supposed to throw out things like sunscreen after a year, but I'm sure there are somethings you could start buying if you have an idea of how many are going to come.
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 merocket59

merocket59
              • 937 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

I started buying last month because I was reluctant like you but I just look at expiration dates and try to buy things that I know I can get more of if I need to. I started with pens, sticky notes, and hats from Vistaprint and recently my mission has been getting the Staples deal on mini Purell hand sanitizer (those expire in 2011 so I think I'm good haha!).

#8 Jen_S

Jen_S
                • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

If you know about how many people are coming you can start buying just check the exp date if it might go bad by your wedding.
                  Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#9 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
                  • 203 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

Our wedding is a year away, but i have started buying for our OOT bags. I figure if we get a little at a time it will be less of a shock to our bank account. i am holding off to buy snack, lotions, Meds and other things that do expire or evaporate.
                    Live every day like the next will never come.

#10 ilovepunch

ilovepunch
                    • 49 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:21 AM

I have some time before our wedding, but I bought the one cent hand sanitizer from staples also. I figured if they go bad I can always buy a regular size and refill all the small bottles that I have. I was able to buy 100 of them. If you are able to refill the mini bottles I say go for it and buy them when they are on sale. (lotions, soaps, hand sanitizers)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users