Destination wedding under $7,500?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Kathie

• 2,654 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

This is my second wedding so I don't want all the bells and whistles that a young couple requires. We do not need a videographer and we won't want a lot of pictures. We are more concerned about the venues and having our friends and family enjoy the reception. We would like to have open bar, a band, a dinner and cocktail reception. Is it possible to have a destination wedding for 25-35 guests with a budget of approximately $7,500?

#2 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

a mod will move your post, but you only post once in the newbie section. there is a section for budgets.

I think it's very possible. Just watch your budget on the things you don't care as much about so you can splurge where it matters.

some all inclusive hotels will give you a free dinner or cocktail reception with a certain number of guests.

#3 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

I think that its possible with that budget. Like others said, you have to decide what it most important and then not worry about the other little details. I think ours would be well within that budget if we hadn't splurged on our photographer.

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#4 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:21 PM

My cousin had a wedding like that for 35 guests at Paradisus Palma Real in the Domincan Republic - it was very nice - they had a cocktail and appetizer reception on the beach with a bonfire, a DJ and a wedding package that included a photgrapher and flowers.

#5 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

We are getting married at GBP Akumal and the dinner is included so I do think it is possible.
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#6 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

Heck yea! I had plenty of bells and whistles and a fantastic photog for that amount. I just picked a resort (RIU Ocho Rios, Jamiaca) where there were lots of things for free- like a dinner reception at a simi-private restaurant, etc. By doing a lil research I found that we could afford to stay for 10 days if we went with the RIU over some of the other more branded places like Couples, Sandals, Beaches...
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#7 Kelly C

Kelly C
              • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Absolutly you can. We are. We have 20 ppl. As long as you don't get carried away. Which sometimes is easy to do. Pick a AI that will take care of alot of it.
                Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#8 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

You can absolutely have a DW with your budget! Most AI's will include some sort of free wedding package. We managed to have a very intimate wedding with 21 people, rented out the entire hotel, and we were definitely within your budget. Once you figure out what kind of hotel you want and location, there will be tons of possibilities. You just need to do the research, because a DW can be as expensive or inexpensive as you want!

#9 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

I say yes. Our budget is pretty tight and we picked the Riu Bachata in PP.
                    Our guests are paying $1500 pp for a week AI out of Toronto or Ottawa on Dec 29/Jan 1.

RIU Free Wedding Package 2008 includes:

* On-site wedding coordinator to help plan the special day
                    * Decoration and set up of the ceremony location
                    * Bouquet of flowers for the bride and a matching boutonniere for the groom
                    * CD or recorded music during the ceremony
                    * Reception dinner for the wedding group at one of our specialty restaurants
                    * Wedding cake for up to ten people
                    * Two bottles of sparkling wine
                    * Surprise spa gift
                    * Ten percent discount on all spa services for the bride and the groom (restrictions apply)
                    * Surprise gift and fruit basket

In order to have a wedding at our RIU Hotels & Resorts, the couple and the 80 percent of the total amount of the wedding guests must stay at the hotel where the wedding will be performed; otherwise it will be canceled.
                    *Guests staying in other hotels must purchase a day pass.

This package is valid from Janaury 1st 2008 - December 30th 2008.

Civil/Legal Wedding 560,00USD |
                    Like our first kiss all over again

#10 ashrose

• 422 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

You can certainly do that.

My aunt and uncle, since it was their second wedding did a DW and their bill, including honeymoon was about 4k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users