• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Cattie

Cattie
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

I'm going to try something like this.

Frederick's of Hollywood - Control Slip

It looks like its a skirt instead of the "biker" type shorts like all the others seem to be. We shall see!! I'll prolly order it long before the wedding to try it out. I really just need to go and get myself to the gym and but ya know how hard that is!!

#42 photographerShay

photographerShay
    • 33 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

I have a pair of the biker shorts style that I use for my work slacks. They do roll if I don't have them hiked up to my rib cage, and after a full day of work I'm really ready to take them off because my body is tired from being squeezed all day, LOL.

I'd agree to buy them one size too big as I think this would still slim but not be too uncomfortable.
      Shay
      Photographer based in Utah, but avail for travel.
      Website
      Photography Blog

#43 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:52 PM

I used them for my engagement party. It definitely help flatten out my stomach and it gave me no pantyline which was great because I wore a white dress.

#44 Diva

Diva
        • 682 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:49 PM

I am headed to the nearest department store to get some because my dress is pretty fitted, and will show EVERY imperfection I have in the middle if I don't.  I have a bra sewn into my dress, but I think I will still get the all over ones to avoid the possible roll down situation.  

I am working out on the regular, but as of now, the dress is not how I would like it to fit and I have 6 months to go!! AHHHHH

#45 adcarter41

adcarter41
          • 188 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

I love spanx! Whenever I wear mine people always ask me if I've lost weight! I will definitely be wearing them under my wedding dress.

#46 MDLady

MDLady
            • 433 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:20 AM

I've never worn Spanx but I cannot imagine wearing them on my wedding day in the Caribbean.  It was already so hot with just the wedding dress!!!  You gotta be careful coz the last thing you want is to be extremely exhausted from the heat and being squeezed the whole time!!!

#47 adcarter41

adcarter41
              • 188 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by MDLady 

I've never worn Spanx but I cannot imagine wearing them on my wedding day in the Caribbean.  It was already so hot with just the wedding dress!!!  You gotta be careful coz the last thing you want is to be extremely exhausted from the heat and being squeezed the whole time!!!

Oooh, thanks. I hadn't really thought about that.

#48 Teira1031

Teira1031
                • 766 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

Love them! They definitely help smooth everything out!

#49 JKL_WeddingMexico

JKL_WeddingMexico
                  • 130 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

I love them. They definatly smooth out the lumps and bumps.

I am not going to wear them on the wedding day as my dress pretty much does the job of holding it all in. But I will definatly be wearing them for the rehersal/welcome dinner.

#50 mimi73

mimi73
                    • 282 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Spanx are the best invention ever! I wore them to a wedding in Maui and didn't find it to be uncomfortable at all....... and I am the type of person who wears the least amount (still remaining decent, of course!) of clothing possible when it is hot outside!! I am pretty sure that I will be wearing them under my wedding dress. The only issue is when you have to go pee.... maybe I'll wear them for the ceremony and the pics and then strip them off later for the reception.

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users