Photo

Anyone Else's flights to Mexico Getting Canceled?!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Samantha S

Samantha S
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hi, I wanted to see if anyone else is going through what we've been going through and rant! First, our trip from Mexico back to Portland on Mexicana airlines got canceled. We had to sit on the phone haggling with the airline for an hour. Then, the flights we got changed to, on American Airlines, got canceled! They said we can take an alternate flight that they pick or get a full refund and both options sucked. We were originally getting in to Cancun at 3:30 pm and the flight they wanted to change us to got in at 9:00 pm! That takes a whole chunk of a vacation day. We fought and fought and got them to give us the getting in at 9:00 pm flight for a day earlier but it was ugly.

This has happened to us and three other couples. Anyone else going through this or is it a Portland crisis??!! I feel so bad for our guests (and ourselves) and at this rate, I'm worried it will keep happening. I know we booked early but that was the whole idea in saving $$.

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

it happened to us in february. our connecting flight from mexico city to pv was cancelled. we wound up going the night before, which didn't change our flight price, but did require an extra night at the hotel.

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

no cancelled flights, but my parents flights had time changes.. nothing major, but still.. it makes you worry!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

unfortunately this is happening everywhere. i had to rebook 6 flights for some guests because they had a flight change that put them in so late they would miss their welcome dinner.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 ehegwer

ehegwer
        • 139 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

We are at the mercy of the airlines, and there isn't much we can do.

I usually work through a Travel Agency (instead of doing it myself with websites), and so far I've been really lucky.

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

we had some times change, but they were all better times. I was so scared of this happening, but luckily it didn't.

The best you can do is get a good TA & travel insurance.

I'm really sorry you are dealing with this. Canceled flights was my biggest fear for our wedding.

#7 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

We had several flight time changes then mine and FI's flight got canceled altogether.

We are all still getting flight time changes. Just last week we got two.

Airlines are cancelling a lot of flights because of fuel prices.

#8 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:14 PM

Are you not using a TA? Our TA has done all the work for us...we haven't had to contact the airlines at all.

#9 Samantha S

Samantha S
                • 369 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

I didn't think I was alone! We do have a TA but some of our friends didn't use her and I have been haggling for them (I can't help it, that's how I am when I feel responsible for people going on a trip and spending tons of $$). I can deal with time changes here and there but I still fear more cancellations in the future. I hope they are done!!!

#10 tlomlad

tlomlad
                  • Banned
                  • 1,949 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

this scares me how did you find out that your flights were cancelled?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users