Photo

Private Receptions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jassira28

jassira28
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

I have read on most threads that you get a semi private dinner, however, I want a private reception where my guest can dance and have fun. I originally was thinking of having a Cabo wedding but my mom is convincing me to have it in DR as we are Dominican. I've never been to any of the resorts in DR as I don't travel there much. I do have family there and my mom wants them to be there. I have my heart set on a private reception and for there to be dancing. I also saw a few pictures of weddings on the beach and I don't want all those people in bathing suits in my pictures. Is it really that bad? This is the only turn of of having it in the DR.

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

What resort are you talking about?

#3 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
      • 156 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Im sure there are some resorts that have the option to marry on the beach and have the reception back at the hotel somewhere. I would just contact the wedding coordinators at the resorts they will have the most information for you on that. Sorry if im not a lot of help.

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

there are a lot of resorts in the Punta Cana area that have private receptions. I'm getting married at the Paradisus Palma Real, i have 5 or 6 different location choices that are private. I'm having my ceremony on the beach but they keep people away. you could also have it at the gazebo. the paradisus punta cana also has the same private receptions available. I know i received info from the Melia, Iberostar, and Dreams in Punta Cana and they all had private receptions and many areas for ceremonies. When i was looking at resorts i emailed each resorts wedding cordinator and asked for location choices with pics, reception packages, reception location choices with pics, menus, etc. and most will get back to you in 2-3 days with your options.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hey chica.
            I go to DR quite a bit and have traveled to different resorts there extensively and have seen all kinds of wedding receptions: private ones, semi-private ones, ones right in public.
            We are having a completely sectioned-off, private reception.
            We do not want anyone not a part of our wedding there so we are completely closing off an open-air restaurant that is close, about 5 seconds from the beach, in the evening. We've got two bands, and a sit-down dinner, as well.
            Any resort can customize your wedding exactly to how you want.
            Whatever you want, you can have it.
            If you have any questions, let me know. :)
            DR is a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 jassira28

jassira28
            • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cmmdee
              Hey chica.
              I go to DR quite a bit and have traveled to different resorts there extensively and have seen all kinds of wedding receptions: private ones, semi-private ones, ones right in public.
              We are having a completely sectioned-off, private reception.
              We do not want anyone not a part of our wedding there so we are completely closing off an open-air restaurant that is close, about 5 seconds from the beach, in the evening. We've got two bands, and a sit-down dinner, as well.
              Any resort can customize your wedding exactly to how you want.
              Whatever you want, you can have it.
              If you have any questions, let me know. :)
              DR is a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Thank you so much. I see that your wedding is very soon. I would love to get more info from you when you return such as where are you having your wedding? How much is it costing you per person? and so forth. Again congratulations and I wish you a wonderful wedding and honeymoon.

#7 rubyringo

rubyringo
              • 68 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

i'm having my reception at the jellyfish restaurant.....It's not part of any resort but you can rent out the whole place for you and your guests.
                there's also a dance floor and you can book a DJ or a band.
                check it out

Punta Cana restaurant Bavaro Jellyfish - Home

#8 jassira28

jassira28
                • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

I've heard about it but had not seen pictures. THANK YOU, it looks beautiful. Definetely something I will show my Fiance.

#9 Otis1230

Otis1230
                  • 130 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

I had a private reception at the resort in the one restaurant- it worked out great.. Firedancers, dj and food, and dancing, etc.. What resort are you choosing
                    Michael & Lisa
                    April 25th, 2008
                    Paradisus Punta Cana

#10 jassira28

jassira28
                    • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

I am looking into the Majestic right now. I am open to other resort ideas. I do know the Majestic does have several options for private receptions. I am leaning towards renting the presidential suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users