Photo

ButlerGirl08's Review for the Riu Ocho Rios... It is very long and detailed.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

wow it all looked lovely! looks like you had a fun bunch of people :)

#42 Medusa1977

Medusa1977
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

Wow, what agreat review! Congratulations!

#43 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
    • 382 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

Okay, thanks for the love everyone. We were on such a tight budget that we wanted everything to be relaxed and really carefree. We had such a great time.

The parasols, we got at Paper Lanterns & Parasols - Chinese & Japanese with a Modern Twist. I think they were like $6.95 a piece. They had one that was white with gold decorations, but sicne our jewelry was silver, I took it upon myself to doodle silver swirlies with a paint pen. I love drawing and especially doodling, so that was very familiar to me.

Nikki, the Kappa is my baby brother Jordan, well he is almost 23 so I guess not a baby.

And sorry it took so long for the review, but as you can see it was very detailed and included the things that I would have wanted to know as a future bride.

#44 Medusa1977

Medusa1977
      • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

I've never been much a fan of white but I loved the all white. And you my dear looked fabulous!! The parasols were one of my fav pics, what a great idea. The pics against the backdrop of the beach were fun but really pretty. I haven't been a member for long but seeing your pics reminded me of why I want a destination wedding! I mean seriously woud pics in a stuffy reception hall even compare to the beauty of the beach? Congrats again!

#45 Neema29

Neema29
        • 116 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

I loved the all white ...it soooo worked! You looked beautiful!

#46 starryeyedbride2b

starryeyedbride2b
          • 111 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the review and the pics! I'm glad everything turned out great for your day! I'm also loving the parasols and the all white!

#47 MayaGirl

MayaGirl
            • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Beautiful pictures, and great review, thanks so much for sharing! I love the all white, and even the overcast pictures are so gorgeous!

#48 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
              • 382 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:38 PM

Well thanks ladies. I wanted to try something different with the all white even though it is so not traditional. I didn't care that I was supposed to be the only one in white. I just love how creative people get when there is a theme set, plus it makes them feel like they are apart of the whole experience...literally. It was great.

My mom wants me to carry on this theme for the AHR...I am not sure about that thou. More people, more people potentially not wanting to wear all white. So I don't know yet.

#49 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                • 298 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

I am so glad to hear that everything went well. It sounds like you guys had a blast. Congrats!!!

#50 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                  • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

FUN FUN FUN! Your wedding day looked absolutely FUN!!!
                    Your hair and makeup came out beautifully! I loved your dress. You looked so comfortable and relaxed and seem to be having a great time. I liked the pic of you and your bm and one of your hubby and the bms! The guys totally thought they were the stuff!!! So cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users