Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Chong, darling we need to chat! What time is your cermony? Cocktail reception? Reception? And the locations? I just want to be sure we aren't stepping on each other's toes. For example I def want to take pictures on the pier before my reception (and before the sun goes down) but if you are getting married at the beach location right next to the pier I don't want to shoot photos while your ceremony is going on. I want all eyes on you! No distractions! Maybe we can chat about this and figure it out? Also, I am having a 70 person cocktail reception by the pool which (looking at the map) is close to the yoga platform. Maybe Jamie can chime in here and let us know how close. I am sure we'll work it all out but just better to have these convos now rather than later. :)

Just chiming in here.  On the map it may look like the two locations are close but they really aren't.  The music may overlap depending on how loud it is but you won't be able to see one another.

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hey Jaime,

What food did you try?  Do you recall what menu it was from?  I can't decide which menu to go with!!

Originally Posted by amcferron View Post

One more question.....

Are people able to decide at the dinner or are you putting the options on your invites???

Okay, just one more question~ Any idea on the difference in price, for offering two?  B/c that sounds like the perfect way to do it!! :o

Thanks for all your opinions and information!!  It's greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

This kit seems to update often, so I'll post it for anyones quick reference... I found these in the pick & choose section of the private event kit on Karisma's website (pages 7 & 8 I think)... http://www.karismahotels.com/sites/default/files/WeddingBanquetKit_0.pdf

Its my understanding people can decide at the dinner.  I sure hope this is the case, because I have no intention of making people decide in rsvps.  This is what I was told verbally from the onsite team, but I'll get it in writing from the WC though once I make my selections.

I really have no idea how they will charge for having 2 options.  Worse case scenario, they would charge all meals the more expensive price.  I'm trying to pick two meals similar in price, so there isnt a huge shocker if they do it this way.

Sorry I only have halfway answers for now :)

Are their any past brides that offered more than one main entree?  How did this work when your bill came?

This is my first successful Multi-Quote...woop woop!!

I did a Pick and Choose Menu.  I offered a pasta dish with shrimp and a chicken and salmon steak w/mashed potatoes dinner. (DELICIOUS!!!)  The pasta was $20 and the other meal was $22.  I had to give the exact numbers of each meal to the WC before my final payment was made. I was told there was no way to pick onsite since everything is paid for before you go.  I also had to have some type of place cards that let the waiters know who was getting what meal.  So when I sent my pre-wedding brochure I gave my guests both meal options and a date that we needed their decision. I used different color ink on the place cards to differentiate who got what meal. So mine had my name and "Pasta" in pink and my husband had his name and "Salmon and Chicken" in grey.  The onsite WCs set up the cards on a table along with the favors I gave away (cigars for men, fans for women). Everything turned out fine. Here's a picture.  You can't really see the ink color but it's the only one I could find.

wedding slide show (726).JPG

Love the menu!  The Beef Tournedo & Lobster was the other surf/turf I wanted to try, but didn't get to.  Can't wait to hear how it is!

Originally Posted by amandamarieb View Post

Also ladies...my latest project is getting all of my printing done. I am working with a wonderful vednor on estsy hwo is custom designing programs, table numbers, seat cards, menus, guest book signs, signature menu signes, you name it. She's great to work with and is giving me a wonderful price. I am happy to recommend her once she's finished my projects.

As you know I am going for an "antique'd romance" theme with antique picture frames and hummingbirds. Attached is the dinner menu she designed for me. It will be printed on ivory shimmer cardstock. I am so excited.

wedding menu.bmp

Originally Posted by daniepps View Post

I did a Pick and Choose Menu.  I offered a pasta dish with shrimp and a chicken and salmon steak w/mashed potatoes dinner. (DELICIOUS!!!)  The pasta was $20 and the other meal was $22.  I had to give the exact numbers of each meal to the WC before my final payment was made. I was told there was no way to pick onsite since everything is paid for before you go.  I also had to have some type of place cards that let the waiters know who was getting what meal.  So when I sent my pre-wedding brochure I gave my guests both meal options and a date that we needed their decision. I used different color ink on the place cards to differentiate who got what meal. So mine had my name and "Pasta" in pink and my husband had his name and "Salmon and Chicken" in grey.  The onsite WCs set up the cards on a table along with the favors I gave away (cigars for men, fans for women). Everything turned out fine. Here's a picture.  You can't really see the ink color but it's the only one I could find.

Ok this does worry me.  We talked to the onsite WC for a long time about this, and I know he told me our guests could pick at the actual dinner.  Unfortunately this was all verbal!  I'll get to work getting something on paper and let you girls know how it goes.

It wouldnt be the end of the world making people pick in advance, but its something I really didnt want to mess with.  I'd much rather prefer to just pay the higher $ for all heads.

Thank you past brides for the warning!!

Originally Posted by amandamariebView Post

Ahh! This does make me feel better. Thanks so much. Chong, PM me so we can talk about pier shots. :)

Really must say, the staff at the hotel are really good about making sure no-one interupts another's day, so I really wouldn't worry about the two of you organising things, as the staff will have that all worked out anyway!

There was another wedding on when I got married and the photographer just took pics in another location until the pier was free for us to go and have our pics done there. x

Thank you all for the condolences. FI is doing a little bit better. It was such a shock and I'm not sure if the reality of it all has set in yet, but this is definitely going to make our wedding much more emotional. I just hope that it isn't too much for the family to bear right now. I offered to postpone everything and FI didn't want to do that, so we'll see how the next couple months go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Ok, I've put a lot of my photos (with descriptions) in an album.  I'm not sure if I am linking it correctly, so let me know if you can't get to it.

Great pics!! So thorough!! Thanks.

Originally Posted by mmc1105 View Post

Am I the only one getting married in May who hasn't picked a wedding dress?  I can't make up my mind!!!  AHHHsmile105.gif

I can say that you have time, not much time, but you have time. I was behind schedule with picking my dress also. I ordered in the middle of April and it just came in Tuesday, so 5 months. I would say that you should get it done before November definitely. I was getting nervous that mine wouldn't be in on time.

Originally Posted by beaz2be View Post

Hi Ladies,

Quick question for you all.  Is ANYONE having any luck with their WC these days and with negotiating the prices on ANYTHING?!  I finally got a reply from Carolina from a few emails I've sent over the past few weeks.

You may not want me to get started on this topic but I'l try to remain calm.

Carolina is also my WC and she was all on top of her stuff when we first spoke (a month after she was assigned to me) and now frankly she has fallen off completely. I am still waiting on info I requested 3 weeks ago and negotiating....good luck. I really don't think she has the time to go to bat for anyone these days. However, I was told the same thing about flowers by both Carolina and my old WC Cecile, in her defense. So, I decided to go the real touch route. It will probably be a hassle when bringing all of that stuff with us, but I refuse to pay $300 for a bouquet!! One thing I would point out is that when I started planning everyone raved about Fabio and said that if you can't get something done through your WC, email him. Well, that hasn't been too good for me either. On more than one occasion I've emailed him and it takes my TA to step in for him to respond to me. Like I said a few days ago, it's interesting how some brides get answers and some don't.

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello,

Just need to vent a little.  FI is mad at me about pricing for our honeymoon week. 

I'm sorry you're going through this. Hopefully he will come to his senses and look at it as a once in a lifetime thing that the two of you deserve to experience together. I know money becomes a huge issue when so much of it is being spent in such a short time. It will blow over soon and these are trials that you will go through to make your relationship stronger.

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Talking about venting and stress, the last week has been insane.

I hope everything works out. I know it sucks to have this stress on top of wedding stress and possibly work stress. hug2.gif

Quote:

I was told there was no way to pick onsite since everything is paid for before you go.  I also had to have some type of place cards that let the waiters know who was getting what meal.  So when I sent my pre-wedding brochure I gave my guests both meal options and a date that we needed their decision.

I guess this would have been a valuable thing to know BEFORE I mailed the invites!! (deep breath) I guess my guests won't get options now...oh well!

Originally Posted by Mahalo79 View Post

Hello,

Well I tried to get the rooms offered at 800 but not happening (they wouldnt let us stay one week in a jr jacuzzi and then upgrade the second week, so dumb!) . .  anyways, we are now staying for the whole 2 weeks in the swim up rooms for about 1285 pp extra for each of us.  Haven't told my FI yet, will just avoid this for awhile, he will not be very happy!  Oh well! = )  thats life sometimes!   So does that mean we have our own little pool in the back of our room?  I have to go creep on some pictures so to remind myself what they look like.  Can you swim to the main pool from your room?  Ok just sharing my update!  thanks for all the feedback! 

Mahalo79, who is your travel agent?  What is your total rate?  I feel like there's a huge difference in their rates which is crazy to me.  Our guests are paying $1206 for a week in the lowest level and I had to battle to get that down.  Now, I guess to make up for that loss, they've bumped up all the other categories.  Some of our guests had really wanted to do the swim ups but they are charging us and our guests $1700/pp for just the next level up, not premium.  That's $500.00 more pp, and people just aren't going to do that.  My FI and I really wanted to premium swim up and were told that it would be $760.00 more than our regular rate (total) and now we've ended up paying $1400.00 more for a grand total of $3800 (for the both of us, for one week).  Sorry to rant here, but I just think it's crazy that the rates can be so different.  It's like people make them up.  Grr.... :Op

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Talking about venting and stress, the last week has been insane. I finally listed my house for sale, and it sold conditionally in 36 hours (selling my house, cause I moved in with FI). Anyway the buyers inspected the house mulitple times over,and then today told me I had to reduce the price by at least $10000 to redo the boiler/furnace system to what they wanted. Keep in mind that the furnace/boiler both work right now. There were a few other little things, and I agreed to reduce the price slightly. But the buyer told me that wasn't enough. I don't know what they are expecting...you buy a house, and then choose to do improvements yourself, you can't expect a 70 year old house to be perfect! Sigh....anyway the deal's off, and I am hoping another comes soon! I just hope it sells soon, so I can concentrate on wedding stuff :)

Good luck with the sale of your home!!!  Fingers crossed for you!

wedding slide show (726).JPG

Great information Daniepps!!  Thank you!!

I'm so sorry you've been having such  a difficult time with them.  I feel your pain hun.  How would we ever keep our heads without having this forum to support each other and to let us vent?!?!  Here's hoping things start to work in your favor more with the them  blush2.gif

Originally Posted by dstinationdrmr View Post
You may not want me to get started on this topic but I'l try to remain calm.

Carolina is also my WC and she was all on top of her stuff when we first spoke (a month after she was assigned to me) and now frankly she has fallen off completely. I am still waiting on info I requested 3 weeks ago and negotiating....good luck. I really don't think she has the time to go to bat for anyone these days. However, I was told the same thing about flowers by both Carolina and my old WC Cecile, in her defense. So, I decided to go the real touch route. It will probably be a hassle when bringing all of that stuff with us, but I refuse to pay $300 for a bouquet!! One thing I would point out is that when I started planning everyone raved about Fabio and said that if you can't get something done through your WC, email him. Well, that hasn't been too good for me either. On more than one occasion I've emailed him and it takes my TA to step in for him to respond to me. Like I said a few days ago, it's interesting how some brides get answers and some don't.

I think the Canadian suppliers rates are always changing or something because I have the same day-to-day differences in pricing.  But, just to set you at ease  our rates are pretty similar to yours.  I think our guests coming from TO are about $1399 or something (for the Oceanview luxury rooms)... not sure but I don't think that's the total lowest - I think Jr. suites (non-swim up) are a bit less.  Vancouver rates are either $1418 or $1458 I forget.

Our upgrade rate for premium worked out to be something like an additional $1050 for the two of us (I remember it was about $100 bucks more than doing the pearl package, which was what convinced me to go for it).  Our grand total for the week coming from Vancouver I think is just around the $4,000 mark for the two of us.

Give or take, although it does seem the Canadian rates are craziness with their total lack of consistency, at least you know they tend to be somewhat similar.

Mahalo79, who is your travel agent?  What is your total rate?  I feel like there's a huge difference in their rates which is crazy to me.  Our guests are paying $1206 for a week in the lowest level and I had to battle to get that down.  Now, I guess to make up for that loss, they've bumped up all the other categories.  Some of our guests had really wanted to do the swim ups but they are charging us and our guests $1700/pp for just the next level up, not premium.  That's $500.00 more pp, and people just aren't going to do that.  My FI and I really wanted to premium swim up and were told that it would be $760.00 more than our regular rate (total) and now we've ended up paying $1400.00 more for a grand total of $3800 (for the both of us, for one week).  Sorry to rant here, but I just think it's crazy that the rates can be so different.  It's like people make them up.  Grr.... :Op

Okay ladies, I am writing this post in a hopes to affirm something for myself.  I have been feeling and expressing a lot of negativity over my wedding this past week or two.  Both on this forum and just a feeling I've had.  It's felt like more stress than fun and that is NOT what I want my planning experience to be.  I think partly it's because planning a wedding IS really stressful;  partly because I picked up my dress last weekend - which was awesome - but has also made me a bit overwhelmed about this day actually happening and all that needs to be done before that; and partly because a lot of the work I've done to date hasn't resulted in anything tangible, other than bills to be paid.  I've done a LOT of planning, hunting, working on invitations, yet nothing is completed and I think that makes me feel like nothing's been done (I know in my heart that's not true but still)... finally, the stress with the WC organization I think is getting to a number of us Brides2Be

So... I am writing it on here to have you guys help hold me accountable.  I WILL have a positive outlook on things.  I WILL be excited that I'm going to work on invitations tonight and that I'm going to also go look for wedding bands and to have my e-ring appraised locally (for our insurance co.);  I WILL try not to get overwhelmed by the cost of the wedding and I WILL try and express my excitement to others (on the forum and elsewhere) and not my stresses.

positivity attracts positivity right?!?!  :-)

Thanks for letting me use this forum to express myself ladies.  I will try and be a positive reflection to you all as much as possible from here on out.  (that doesn't mean no venting from time-to-time obviously.  But hopefully not the majority of my posts).  rolleyes.gif  YOU GIRLS ARE GREAT!!

Girl, I can honestly say that you are not crazy and I went thru a 2 week period back when the resort wasn't finalized and I would cry everynight or get mad and I felt like this wasn't fun and I should never have done it, yada yada. My FI thought I was INSANE.

Then the resort got finalized and I was happy: Then I found and bought a dress and was happy and positive. Loved my invitations so positive.

Then I sent my invites out. It was like a cold slap of reality that now we have to do this hell or highwater. No turning back and I freaked out a little again. (Let me clarify I am not freaking out about my marriage to my FI. He is 100% the person I want to be with for the rest of my life married or not) I was freaking out about the actual wedding and would people like it, would they think it was too expensive, would somethig go wrong, look at all the crap I have to do but i can't do yet cause it's too far out. WHEW I was a ball of nerves for a day or 2

Then I got all the wonderful emails about how great the invites looks, and how excited everyone was to come and I realized that this is going to be one of the BEST times in my life and my family and friends life and in the end it will all come together. Even if it isn't the exact way I imagined it how can you mess it up. You gotta a beach, a man you love, a slammin dress and lots of food and booze.

Hang in there. It does get fun again! :)

PS I took one of Jamie's pics and made it my desktop, I find that helps as well!

Maggie

Okay ladies, I am writing this post in a hopes to affirm something for myself.  I have been feeling and expressing a lot of negativity over my wedding this past week or two.  Both on this forum and just a feeling I've had.  It's felt like more stress than fun and that is NOT what I want my planning experience to be.  I think partly it's because planning a wedding IS really stressful;  partly because I picked up my dress last weekend - which was awesome - but has also made me a bit overwhelmed about this day actually happening and all that needs to be done before that; and partly because a lot of the work I've done to date hasn't resulted in anything tangible, other than bills to be paid.  I've done a LOT of planning, hunting, working on invitations, yet nothing is completed and I think that makes me feel like nothing's been done (I know in my heart that's not true but still)... finally, the stress with the WC organization I think is getting to a number of us Brides2Be

So... I am writing it on here to have you guys help hold me accountable.  I WILL have a positive outlook on things.  I WILL be excited that I'm going to work on invitations tonight and that I'm going to also go look for wedding bands and to have my e-ring appraised locally (for our insurance co.);  I WILL try not to get overwhelmed by the cost of the wedding and I WILL try and express my excitement to others (on the forum and elsewhere) and not my stresses.

Thanks for letting me use this forum to express myself ladies.  I will try and be a positive reflection to you all as much as possible from here on out.  (that doesn't mean no venting from time-to-time obviously.  But hopefully not the majority of my posts).  rolleyes.gif  YOU GIRLS ARE GREAT!!

Kelsey, don't think you're alone. It becomes very stressful sometimes, and I find the best way to deal with it is in small chunks. For instance, instead of telling yourself you'll get all the invites done tonight, set a goal of 10. Then tomorrow do the same. (I am using this tactic for getting my luggage tags and OOT bags done-since I am sewing them all myself.) If I tried to get them all done, it would not happen, but if I just do a few....I am also using this tactic for contacting the WC, I send off an email and know I can't expect a response for at least a few days. I am hoping by starting things now, with time to spare, that I won't be trying to do everything last minute to avoid that stress.

Don't stress too much...remember your family and friends are more interested in being there for you, then for the food/entertainment. Take a deep breathe, vent to us, and enjoy the ride. We're all here for each other!